• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Room Experience with New Holders

71 posts in this topic

Have the people that do SS opportunities weighed in on this? It would be interesting to hear their thoughts on the new cases and the issues.

Maybe I'm just making stuff up, but I'm thinking the folks that do ops are reluctant to give the new cases anything other than a glowing review, and if they can't do that, just stay silent.

Have the people that do SS opportunities weighed in on this? It would be interesting to hear their thoughts on the new cases and the issues.

Maybe I'm just making stuff up, but I'm thinking the folks that do ops are reluctant to give the new cases anything other than a glowing review, and if they can't do that, just stay silent.

i agree 100%. they cant pizz cgc off and more importantly they couldnt tell people to not buy ss until something changes because they would be cutting their own throat

Everything I've got back recently has a slight wave (hear it gets worse over time) some of the books have Newton rings and I've noticed ones of my moderns looks like it got a bad press job (it wasn't pressed) where you can see staple indents on the front cover. Has CGC posted a response to all these issues?

So far I only own one sketch / signature series with the new case.

I have a bunch of my personal ss books that are sitting at CGC.

Maybe it woud be wise to stick to regular mediums, instead of the color graphics sigs that we've all loved and were used to seeing.

I too want to see something being done to fix this problem with the waves and Newton rings.

I don't think sharpie style sigs, in any color, would be affected. I'm starting to change my stance on paint pens.

What about sketches? Lots of different types of stuff used on those.

Id assume sketch covers done with inks, copics, watercolours would be pretty safe due to the paper stock being more porous.

Any other types of medium (ie acylic paint) might be a different story :shrug:

When do we post our prom pictures from high school?

I would probably pay for that, too.

You'd want my freshman year homecoming dance pics.....that was the year no one told me it would have been a good idea to shave what really looked like a mustache to me.

You'd want my freshman year homecoming dance pics.....that was the year no one told me it would have been a good idea to shave what really looked like a mustache to me.

While I was in grad school I was a substitute teacher at a local high school. I literally told a kid to shave, as he had a terrible baby fuzz mustache. He started crying. I assume he's a serial killer now.

We just did a Todd McFarlane signing where we avoided using paint pens as much as possible.

We feared the Mylar would remove much of the paint pen signature.

Todd was not thrilled about this nor were we.

We still got lots of great signatures just in regular sharpie.

One other observation we all agreed on is that Silver Sharpies are not as good as they used to be. What is a good competitor permanent marker?

lol I think we've all been there!

We just did a Todd McFarlane signing where we avoided using paint pens as much as possible.

One other observation we all agreed on is that Silver Sharpies are not as good as they used to be. What is a good competitor permanent marker?

Micron offers their archival pens in various colors, though not sure if they do silver or gold.

http://www.amazon.com/Sakura-30063-6-Piece-Micron-Assorted/dp/B001CRIGZQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1464696988&sr=8-2&keywords=micron+archival+ink+pens+colors

Sean, Sakura makes archival paint pens in metallic colors that are amazing and should do the job.

http://www.amazon.com/Sakura-42391-3-Piece-Pentouch-Marker/dp/B00MB1VIB6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01

$100 to my favorite charity?

M.E.

I still have a huge stack of these that I never gave out due to embarrassment. My date's dress was too short and she had blindingly white thighs.

Silver Sharpies are terrible now. We tried using a few with Frank Miller at Megacon and they are only good for about 5 signatures then we had to toss them

Micron offers their archival pens in various colors, though not sure if they do silver or gold.

http://www.amazon.com/Sakura-30063-6-Piece-Micron-Assorted/dp/B001CRIGZQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1464696988&sr=8-2&keywords=micron+archival+ink+pens+colors

These look great on books! I've seen quite a few artists using these at shows for autographs.