Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
2 2

332 posts in this topic

rogue14   
  • Member
  • 363 posts
On 10/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, NamesJay said:

I think the Image 25th Anniversary variants are pretty cold. 9.8's selling for less than the cost to slab the book.

Which is sad because I still have a few that I’m trying to get rid of that I don’t collect. Anyone interested? Let me know. If not...guess I got to keep them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Kids, Comics!   
  • Member
  • 3,522 posts
  • Location: Simpsonville, SC
  • Kudos Thread

What has happened to Here's Negan Blind Box? Once a $500 raw book, it's now $200 (and not even that on the boards). Surely there are more than 500 (is that a legit number) hardcore WD fans! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkstar   
  • Member
  • 3,178 posts

Batman #1 and Suicide Squad #1 from the New 52. I remember reading advice that buying 9.8 copies of Suicide Squad #1 for $350 was a good buy! LMAO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1Cool   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 23,117 posts
  • Location: Ohio
14 hours ago, darkstar said:

Batman #1 and Suicide Squad #1 from the New 52. I remember reading advice that buying 9.8 copies of Suicide Squad #1 for $350 was a good buy! LMAO.

Yea - pretty much anything from the New 52 runs has plummeted this year.  I've got a nice raw Suicide Squad 1 (9.6ish) and it's been sitting all year at a fair price.  Thankfully I sold off my graded copies awhile ago before the downturn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1Cool   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 23,117 posts
  • Location: Ohio
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

What has happened to Here's Negan Blind Box? Once a $500 raw book, it's now $200 (and not even that on the boards). Surely there are more than 500 (is that a legit number) hardcore WD fans! 

Kind of seems like a gimmick that only made the first sellers any money.  Once I saw the boxes start getting opened up I was glad I avoided the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey Kids, Comics!   
  • Member
  • 3,522 posts
  • Location: Simpsonville, SC
  • Kudos Thread
4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Kind of seems like a gimmick that only made the first sellers any money.  Once I saw the boxes start getting opened up I was glad I avoided the whole thing.

I recently bought one from a guy I told to sell it for $500 when it first came out. He said he’d keep it. I have him $120 for it last week and sold it on the boards for $180. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aweandlorder   
  • Member
  • 7,080 posts

Todd The Ugliest Kid... This book is dead dead deaaaaaaad. I sniped at 12.00 and dont regret not winning these 3 copies:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Copies-TODD-1-The-Ugliest-Kid-On-Earth-Image-Comic-Book-RARE-MOVIE-COMING/322898440971?hash=item4b2e3f330b:g:SO8AAOSwUYNZ~li7

However I did snipe THIS and happy I got it at this price

Even tho both books belong in this thread, I think that 100 Bullets is a great time to buy as prices are as low as 25.00 now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fastballspecial   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 15,286 posts

Todd was such a great success on these Boards. Some are still sore over this including me.
We put a lot of time into here and Facebook for Ken. Last time I have championed a book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ygogolak   
  • Member
  • 6,881 posts

Yea, Todd was great. Definitely miss reading that one.

26 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Todd The Ugliest Kid... This book is dead dead deaaaaaaad. I sniped at 12.00 and dont regret not winning these 3 copies:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Copies-TODD-1-The-Ugliest-Kid-On-Earth-Image-Comic-Book-RARE-MOVIE-COMING/322898440971?hash=item4b2e3f330b:g:SO8AAOSwUYNZ~li7

However I did snipe THIS and happy I got it at this price

Even tho both books belong in this thread, I think that 100 Bullets is a great time to buy as prices are as low as 25.00 now

You missed this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-18-DECOMIXADO-LA-MOLE-COLOR-VAR-NM-/182919453136?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=n0QgrMYThOxBnSlL8nFHNxHIg2w%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Or did you...hm

Edited by ygogolak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aweandlorder   
  • Member
  • 7,080 posts
4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I did :ohnoez:

Didnt really know about it :boo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ygogolak   
  • Member
  • 6,881 posts
4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I did :ohnoez:

Didnt really know about it :boo:

I blew it. Had it on my watch and forgot. :sorry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the authority   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 10,877 posts
  • Location: The Carrier...."door"
16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Todd was such a great success on these Boards. Some are still sore over this including me.
We put a lot of time into here and Facebook for Ken. Last time I have championed a book.

I have no regrets about this book ( and I still have 2 full runs ) because I think we got an extra 4 issues out of the series. It was hilarious and Ken was lots of fun too. This is a permanent part of my PC. (thumbsu

PS: Issue #5 is still the funniest comic I've ever read.

Edited by the authority
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2

  • Welcome! Sign up and jump in!

    Membership and use of the boards is FREE! The knowledge available on these boards about comic collecting is an amazing resource for less experienced collectors. It's also a great place to talk about expert comic collecting topics with other experienced collectors. We hope that you find what you came looking for here, but more than that, we hope you find your new comic collecting home.

    Don't let the friendly banter and close knit community put you off. You're only a few posts from being part of the gang!

    After you sign up, introduce yourself! We'd love to know more about your collecting.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 17 December 2017 03:00 PM Until 09:00 PM
      0  
      Sun December 17th
      Our “Wayne” Comic Book Expo
      Regency House Hotel
      140 Rt 23 North, Pompton Plains 07444 (just 100 feet from Wayne)
      Admission is free this month!
      Parking is easy & FREE!
      Show hours 10-4.
      Keepin’ comics fun since 1991!
      The best dealers in the northeast with hundreds of thousands of comics for sale. We have everything from Golden Age to this week's current comics. Hot titles, variant editions and investment grade CGC books, too. Don't miss our unbeatable selection of comics for serious collectors and thousands of bargain comics for beginners or folks that just love to be able to buy tons and not break the bank.
      Lots of new inventory and some new dealers!
      Our notorious no minimum bid auction is at noon!
      Seeya at the show,
      JP
       
      Don’t forget to check out our website: http://www.njcomicbookshows.com
      …and “Like us” on Facebook at NJ Comic Book Shows
      Upcoming shows:
      Clifton 1/14
      Hasbrouck Heights 1/28
      Clifton 2/11
    • 30 December 2017 04:00 PM Until 09:00 PM
      0  
      Free to Vend - Free to Attend
      Please email vintagetorque@gmail.com for questions