TOS 84 CGC 9.4

12 posts in this topic

surfer99   
  • 1,573 posts

Looking fancy in the new case...

I picked up this book raw from my LCS about a year ago for an amazing price. It looked to be in great condition so I was feeling pretty good about getting at least a 9.0 after a press...Im very slowly looking to complete the Tales of Suspense Cap issues in 9.0 or better graded condition to go along with my reading copies. I previously submitted issue 82, first appearance of the Adaptoid, and it came back 9.4 so when I saw issue 84 came back 9.4 as well as I was super stoked! In this issue the Adaptoid becomes the Super Adaptoid. Such a classic villain, and with a sliver of the Cosmic Cube as his power source he is more than a match for many of our heroes!

Til next time...

17492.jpg

See more journals by surfer99

surfer99   
  • 1,573 posts

Thanks for the comments fellas!

surfer99   
  • 1,573 posts

Thanks Azkaban, and I'm with you...diggin TOS!

The struggle is real Rockblazer, if I had the money I'd visit my LCS a lot more often! My wife is like "buy comics with the intent of selling them and you'll have a bigger comic budget". Problem is I end up keeping them cause I don't wanna let them go!

Xfiles   
  • 26 posts

Hey, Surfer! It's been awhile! just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on this beauty. I've ALWAYS loved the Super-Adaptoid. GREAT villain (can you say X-Men #29?)! I love those old issues with the Sleeper in them, as well. I also wanted to congratulate you on that oh-so difficult Amazing Adventures #9. I know you've been looking for some time and I actually thought about selling my 9.4 to you. You're an incredible X-fan, just like me. That RonnyLama is a hell of a guy. And an excellent fan and collector just like you!

surfer99   
  • 1,573 posts
Hey, Surfer! It's been awhile! just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on this beauty. I've ALWAYS loved the Super-Adaptoid. GREAT villain (can you say X-Men #29?)! I love those old issues with the Sleeper in them, as well. I also wanted to congratulate you on that oh-so difficult Amazing Adventures #9. I know you've been looking for some time and I actually thought about selling my 9.4 to you. You're an incredible X-fan, just like me. That RonnyLama is a hell of a guy. And an excellent fan and collector just like you!

Dude! How you been man? Good to hear from you. I appreciate the kind words and yeah Ronnylama is one of a kind for sure. Amazing person.

Super Adaptoid rocks and the first time I saw him WAS in X-men 29, lol. Way cool of you to think of selling your AA9 to me. That one was tough! I keep checking on your Missing Years set hoping you'll get it completed...it's a good feeling and such sweet books. Hope to chat again soon to hear what you've been up to!

surfer99   
  • 1,573 posts

Thanks Brandon! This was the gem, had a couple other books come back a little lower than I'd hoped but its all good. So much drama about the new cases. I see the defects people have mentioned but I'm not stressin like some people are doing. Im still a CGC fan.

surfer99   
  • 1,573 posts

Guess I need to reply to my old journals or else I can't easily find them on my profile page.