• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New FF Additions

78 posts in this topic

She person_without_enough_empathyed slapped him for spending all the wedding money. insane.gif

Shouldn't her family pay for it anyways? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not if they're Chinese. gossip.gif

Is Emilio Chinese and duh...I didn't know that! poke2.gif

Yeah, "Emilio" is a real common Chinese name alright......... screwy.gif

She person_without_enough_empathyed slapped him for spending all the wedding money. insane.gif

If a person was born with a Chinese name and picked a western name later in life, you'd be amazed at the kinds of names that result. Here in Hong Kong, I've met several Pedros, several Ringos, a few Marios, a Dante, a Pygmalion, a Chlorophyll, and many other bizarre names. The champion was a guy working at Morgan Stanley named... Chewbacca. I kid you not. Apparently quite the Star Wars fan at the time he was in grade school and instructed to select a western first name.

Fortunately my parents gave me my name when I was born, so there was no opportunity for mischief. Otherwise, my name would now probably be Steve Rogers. tongue.gif

But no, I don't think Emilio is Chinese. But the tradition for Chinese families is for the groom's parents to pay for the wedding (although they're supposed to get a nice dowry from the bride's family). Which was my original point to Greggy. makepoint.gif

If a person was born with a Chinese name and picked a western name later in life, you'd be amazed at the kinds of names that result. Here in Hong Kong, I've met several Pedros, several Ringos, a few Marios, a Dante, a Pygmalion, a Chlorophyll, and many other bizarre names. The champion was a guy working at Morgan Stanley named... Chewbacca. I kid you not. Apparently quite the Star Wars fan at the time he was in grade school and instructed to select a western first name.

But no, I don't think Emilio is Chinese. But the tradition for Chinese families is for the groom's parents to pay for the wedding (although they're supposed to get a nice dowry from the bride's family). Which was my original point to Greggy. makepoint.gif

Chill Timmy. I'm aware of the Chinese tradition! poke2.gif

I'm not Chinese not that it would be a bad thing. I'm taking a little break as I have probably purchased about 40 books over the last 2 months. The fiance is all over my sh*T. I'm also waiting to do some damage at the heritage auction coming up. I have a bunch of bids on pedigree, comiclink and ebay. I will be sure to post them when i get them. Thanks for everyones concern.

-Emilio

I'm not Chinese not that it would be a bad thing. I'm taking a little break as I have probably purchased about 40 books over the last 2 months. The fiance is all over my sh*T. I'm also waiting to do some damage at the heritage auction coming up. I have a bunch of bids on pedigree, comiclink and ebay. I will be sure to post them when i get them. Thanks for everyones concern.

Glad to see you around.

Just because you are taking a small hiatus on buying, doesn't mean you can't read and contribute to the forum. Your fiance can't give you SH*T about that, can she? confused.gif

In that case, where was my red envelope from this past CNY? poke2.gif

I'm not married so makepoint.gif

New arrivals showcasing

FF #4 CGC NM- 9.2 white pages $15,000

FF #4 CGC VF/NM 9.0 offwhite pages $7500 - Sold

FF #5 CGC NM- 9.2 offwhite/white pages $19,000 - Sold

FF #6 CGC VF/NM 9.0 offwhite/white pages $3,200 - Sold this morning

FF #7 CGC VF+ 8.5 offwhite pages, $1750

They're going fast. Might be the last chance for one of these beauties.

Thanks to Bob, I got me one of them. acclaim.gif

yay.gif

But it will be about two months before I see it. frown.gif

juggle.gif

-Emilio

Emilio, sorry to hear you're not Chinese. stooges.gif I had a sneaking suspicion that a clamp down would be coming after your initial binge. Pretty standard behavior for people coming back to the hobby, particularly when they've got more money available the second time around and their prior departure was pre-internet and their return was post-internet (can you spell "Kid in a candy store"?).

Pace yourself, young man, it's a marathon not a sprint!

What a surprise! poke2.gif

Since you are...what happened to my red envelope...cheap arse! poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

Since you are...what happened to my red envelope...cheap arse! poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

I mailed it to you using the same surface mail that you used to ship my books! What, you haven't gotten it yet? confused-smiley-013.gifangel.gif

I mailed it to you using the same surface mail that you used to ship my books! What, you haven't gotten it yet? confused-smiley-013.gifangel.gif

27_laughing.gif

-Emilio

Damn!!!!!!!

and i thought you were just waiting to splurge on my sweet DC sale this summergrin.gif

Damn!!!!!!!

and i thought you were just waiting to splurge on my sweet DC sale this summer

I would think that if you priced them reasonably, they would sell quickly, as many of those books rarely come to market.

That said, there are a lot less Investors / Speculator / Flippers of DC books, so there will probably be less bids then you would see on early Marvel books (regardless of the list price).

-Emilio

Damn!!!!!!!

and i thought you were just waiting to splurge on my sweet DC sale this summergrin.gif

E knows the deal. When it comes to sweet DCs, it's back o' the line behind me!

-Emilio

Damn!!!!!!!

893blahblah.gif

-Emilio

Damn!!!!!!!

893blahblah.gif

cloud9.gif

-Emilio

Damn!!!!!!!

screwy.gif