• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please post positive feedback about the new case here.

266 posts in this topic

Good thing they created an untested, non researched, poorly designed holder so I don't spend as much. Looks like I'm increasing my savings this year.

+1

Thanks.

I did say nice things about the new case in the previous thread. The case is clear, doesn't feel as flimsy, top label is now protected, and the top edge provides a nice handle. I don't mind the new label. It's really not that much different then the old one. It just takes a bit of time to get used to, which is not a big deal.

Good or bad, I only returned 4 of my 21 books I got back. I previously mentioned why I sent them back, but I will keep that to myself now. CGC is paying for it to be re-slabbed and they credited my account for shipping expenses. I even had the option to get reimbursed the shipping cost, but I already had credit with them and decided credit was fine.

I hope CGC continues to communicate any updates with their customers so they can re-establish confidence with some of their concerned members. I am holding onto my books until I feel confident the issues (that CGC admitted they had) are completely resolved. :wishluck: The responses so far seem a bit vague so I'm not quite there yet.

I like that they changed the label from the older cases. With the large bold grade at the top, I can spot the new cases from across the room.

Yes. Thanks for this too. Old age is a biyatch on the eyes.

I was able to migrate a high dollar GA book out of the larger frankencase and into a standard size one. Of course, it now has newton rings that give it an unappealing glaze, but I do like the clear case. No waviness yet that I can see.

Most of us know, that people tend to post bad stuff before they post compliments.

I read this statement," The vast majority of feedback that CGC has received about its new holder has been positive."

I'm going to look at this in half glass full mode and hope that people who were thrilled and happy have just not been motivated to post.

I'd love to see some positives that will convince me the case has been improved and I should send in the rest of the books I had planned to send in instead of continuing to hold them..

So, if you are pleased with the new case, please let those of us who are on the fence, know. If you had a problem and it was fixed to your satisfaction, those posts are very important.

I'm trying to be overly fair because frankly, I'd love to see a correction has been made and we can move on. I enjoy the boards hosted by this company and I know I'm not the only one.

No bashing please, no negative responses to the positives please.

If you have negatives, I'm sure you can find another thread.

This thread won't take off, sadly. People don't want to take the time to praise people/companies as the internal motivation isn't always there. People will complain, a lot, as they feel ripped off or whatever the reason. Case in point, the old 600 page deleted thread vs. this 3 page one. I'd be shocked if over the same timeline this gets to page 30.

Jerome

I like the fact that all the issues do not seem to be having an effect on E-Bay sales. Will there eventually - I'm not sure but these all sold today and were in new slabs and sold for in most case higher then 90 day GPA:

Nova 1

Suicide Squad 1

Spider-Woman 1

ASM 129

Sandman 8

Batman 243

etc . .

I do believe all of the ones above were BINs and the 1st auction I found that was definitely a new slab was a Killing Joke CGC 9.6 and it did go a bit cheaper then 90 GPA

Killing Joke