• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Shipping question

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So I searched the forms but really couldn't find a good answer. I see that CGC just sent me my books back which I was excited to see after waiting for 2 months. Now the USPS accepted the package on June 13th, and today being the 18th I haven't seen a scan on the package since they accepted it. I called and they said there is no way for them to track it unless it is scanned into their tracking system. Has anyone else had this similar issue?

Did you see your comics being accepted by USPS but no scans for days ?

I just got worried that they lost the package or something?

Thanks much in advance.

Pewterss

Hi Guys,

A big thanks to KPR Comics, Gambit and Action for responding. I was bugged out at the fact it was stuck. I checked this morning and see it went from Sarasota, FL to Tampa, FL. Only took 5 days, bleh. But I definitely feel much relaxed after reading your responses, and seeing the very slow progress on the tracking page. Being my first timer to CGC I didn't know the process of shipping. I have more books awaiting grading and now will be more familiar.

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

John

Just as the others said. i wouldnt worry (thumbs u

USPS is awful BTW, I never use them anymore.

Who else other than USPS registered mail can you insure high end comics?

Get 3rd party collectibles insurance and ship Fedex under your own account :thumbsup:

What everybody else said. USPS Registered mail can be a bit of a black hole with tracking not being updated for a while. I think I've had it take as long as two weeks.

2 weeks, omg. Bad enough had to wait 2+ months for the books now we have to wait for shipping, uughh... lol does the waiting ever end... :/

I would have went with UPS, but they only insure up to $100, so if they lose the books or damage them were out, the customer. So I went with the more expensive and slooooooooooooow possible way apparently.

What everybody else said. USPS Registered mail can be a bit of a black hole with tracking not being updated for a while. I think I've had it take as long as two weeks.

So I felt compelled to respond again. As most of you said, and were right I received my comics about 3 days after posting this forum question about shipping. It did take forever (at least it seemed it) After a week it started getting scanned in. It went from Sarasota, FL to Cali in about 1 day and then aprox 2 more days to my doorstep. The tracking scans though were definitely inconsistent and didn't make sense. It seemed like the book was out for delivery the day of then went back to the hub.... you know what, blah blah blah. I got the books and worth mentioning the box wasn't dented at all. It was in MINT condition.

Hoever one of my New Mutants 98 were scored a 9.0 and I really don't know why? It seems there was a dent in the lower left hand that wasn't there when I sent CGC the books. It looks as if when they were turning the page they may have accidentally done this and degraded the book. I have pics of the books prior to sending and will call them to find out what the heck happened.

Anyway, I am happy with the shipping. As a first timer I was def worried. But you guys made this rookie feel better prior to getting the books back. Now I know what to expect the next time.

Thanks again guys, MUCH appreciated.

John

Just as the others said. i wouldnt worry (thumbs u

USPS is awful BTW, I never use them anymore.

Who else other than USPS registered mail can you insure high end comics?

Get 3rd party collectibles insurance and ship Fedex under your own account :thumbsup:

If you submit or sell lots of books, this is the way to go.