• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aspen comics honouring Tuners legacy.....maybe NOT (rant)

318 posts in this topic

grabbed from ebay

wonderwomanturner_zpstmv6dajs.jpg

Nice grab Krighton...

I think all of these "new" Turner variants are really helping his older stuff as people are getting more interested in what he's done.

grabbed from ebay

wonderwomanturner_zpstmv6dajs.jpg

Nice grab Krighton...

I think all of these "new" Turner variants are really helping his older stuff as people are getting more interested in what he's done.

Highly unlikely

WOW !!

Well, you do have to live in Florida to get that mess graded that FAST......

old slab too. nice

Rant......

I missed out on Batman #1 and now it looks like I missed out OR will miss out on Amazing Spider-Man...... I loved Turners art, they are a master piece and you can see that he truly loved drawing..... But with how Aspen (a company Turner practically founded) is handling the printing and distribution of those books. If Aspen really wants to honour Turners memory, they should have a much higher prints... This way every Turner fan can get a copy. With how Aspen is doing, I wouldn't be suprised if Turner is rolling on his grave...

Ok rant over.....

U sound jealous

You're D.a.Mb right I'm jealous and pissed as hell...... its been years since the last Turner book (maybe even a decade) and what does Aspen do, they limit the copies to 3000 or 3500... That is just f***ed up.

Then on the day they open the website for pre-sale and said it'll begin at 9:00.... I was on the computer at 9:00...BUT guess what, the website crash. I can't stay at the computer all day and wait for them to fix it, some of us has a job to do. When I got back...BOOM, it sold out. They even have the nerve of having the comics in the front page but when you click on it, it was sold out.

I didn't even have the opportunity to order, let alone put in my cart.... I heard some people went as far as checkout, but the website crashed again (or was sold out) if I'm pissedas hell, I can't imagine how pissed those people are....

Damn I love dedicated comic fans. If I get a copy I will sell it you at my cost.

Love the passion. (worship)

:applause:

Edited by Fastballspecial

I'm a little jelly too, I thought the Spider-Man Pre-Order was much later like a lot of people.

How many sets did you get Krighton?

I got 2 sets of the Batman 1...I presold one but the person I sold it to has been pretty patient and i'm sending him some bonus comics to make up for the wait.

Oh and I missed out on the AM 15 but from what I read about the site problems i'm probably less stressed by missing it.

I think this is what amazes me more. Currently 3 pages on eBay of people pre-selling (Spider-Man) books that they don't have in hand yet and are hoping they arrive in the condition they are attempting to sell them at. (shrug)

I don't normally presell but the money was too enticing....I sold it as NM and told the winner i'm giving the best of the 2 sets to them so i'm hoping they arrive in good condition. So far people have said they're arriving in nm+

So you are saying you let greed get in front of common sense.

I'm a little jelly too, I thought the Spider-Man Pre-Order was much later like a lot of people.

How many sets did you get Krighton?

I got 2 sets of the Batman 1...I presold one but the person I sold it to has been pretty patient and i'm sending him some bonus comics to make up for the wait.

Oh and I missed out on the AM 15 but from what I read about the site problems i'm probably less stressed by missing it.

I think this is what amazes me more. Currently 3 pages on eBay of people pre-selling (Spider-Man) books that they don't have in hand yet and are hoping they arrive in the condition they are attempting to sell them at. (shrug)

I don't normally presell but the money was too enticing....I sold it as NM and told the winner i'm giving the best of the 2 sets to them so i'm hoping they arrive in good condition. So far people have said they're arriving in nm+

So you are saying you let greed get in front of common sense.

yes, seems to be working well this time...stayed in constant communication with the buyer and offering some bonuses...not seeing a downside as long as the package isnt crushed in which case i'll contact Aspen and get a replacement.

Edited by krighton

And your buyer I am sure will take it well if that happens.

Stores presell all the time...don't see a difference...you sound angry you must have missed out

Edited by krighton

CGC forums is nothing but comic drama 24/7...worst case scenario the comics arrive crushed, Aspen won't replace them and I refund the money. Any company that presells has to deal with potential set backs. I sold one set not 50.

Edited by krighton

CGC forums is nothing but comic drama 24/7...worst case scenario the comics arrive crushed, Aspen won't replace them and I refund the money. Any company that presells has to deal with potential set backs. I sold one set not 50.

"They did it, so why can't I?"

There is an unwritten rule that you don't sell something you don't have in hand.

If you are going to pre-sell, make sure you are follwing the eBay rules:

If you want to list presale items, you must meet all of the following criteria:

Guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the purchase date. Be sure to clearly state this information in your listing.

Clearly indicate in the listing that the item is a presale item.

The handling time specified in your listing should reflect the time from the end of the listing until the item is shipped to the buyer. Be sure to specify the correct handling time in your listing.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Lot's of sellers don't follow the 30 day rule.