• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada Post labour dispute threatens mail service

87 posts in this topic

Q: Does anyone know the eBay rules around shipping during a labour disruption with Canada Post or is it on the seller to make alternative arrangements as that could have a significant impact on stated shipping costs...I know I could call them but hoping someone else has the info so I don't have to wait on hold ;)

As far as I know there are no required changes, however customers (US) might get excited their stuff takes extra time compared to normal and be even more in a fit they don't have it the next day.

Soooo....Ebay won't allow buyers to ding our star rating if it ships outside of stated shipping times during a labour dispute? :wishluck:

Of course they will. Just like they can ding us now for S/H charges even though we are losing money on the transaction lol

Q: Does anyone know the eBay rules around shipping during a labour disruption with Canada Post or is it on the seller to make alternative arrangements as that could have a significant impact on stated shipping costs...I know I could call them but hoping someone else has the info so I don't have to wait on hold ;)

As far as I know there are no required changes, however customers (US) might get excited their stuff takes extra time compared to normal and be even more in a fit they don't have it the next day.

Soooo....Ebay won't allow buyers to ding our star rating if it ships outside of stated shipping times during a labour dispute? :wishluck:

Unless you are shipping other than through the post office, you might want to take a hiatus from selling on EBay during the dispute. My girl I talk and flirt with at the post office tells me the inside track is they will be out til September. :sorry:

Jim

Unless you are shipping other than through the post office, you might want to take a hiatus from selling on EBay during the dispute. My girl I talk and flirt with at the post office tells me the inside track is they will be out til September. :sorry:

Jim

Assuming the government allows it to last that long.

Jim

Fed Ex Ground is awesome.

Hi greggy and MetalPSI,

I’m sorry to hear about your negative experience with Purolator.

Notices of delivery should be left at the time of the delivery attempt if there is no one home, unless there isn’t a secure area to do so or a building’s management doesn’t allow us to. If the package is brought back to our local retail, a call is placed to the phone number on the label provided by the sender. If unable to pick up, a second attempt can be requested for a future business day.

When picking up, we do require a valid government issued photo ID with corresponding address. An accompanying proof of address can be presented if the address on the receiver’s driver’s license doesn’t match what is written on the package. For a list of acceptable proof of addresses, please view the following document: http://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/faq/puro-id-requirements.pdf.

If you have any questions or need help with a shipment, please don’t hesitate to email us at customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank you,

Jeremie

Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com

www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

How the Hell did you find this thread?

Online monitoring service. Part of the response may be official company comms on matters of this nature, and then delivered in the context of each unique complaint, but that is a real person on the other end who registerred to respond.

Would be interesting to know who they are using, but yeah I've had similar experiences to greggy many years ago when they handled USPS express parcels.

I seriously doubt it's an actual employee. More like a boardie trying to have fun

Large companies have reps to actively monitor online activity like this. It's very possible that it was an actual response from Purolater.

I seriously doubt it's an actual employee. More like a boardie trying to have fun

Large companies have reps to actively monitor online activity like this. It's very possible that it was an actual response from Purolater.

e8a2a5e5a49a831fd38de6dc1e931e5f1487831b06d1ff605c423a5ad52a64d3.jpg

Hi greggy and MetalPSI,

Notices of delivery should be left at the time of the delivery attempt if there is no one home, unless there isn’t a secure area to do so or a building’s management doesn’t allow us to. If the package is brought back to our local retail, a call is placed to the phone number on the label provided by the sender. If unable to pick up, a second attempt can be requested for a future business day.

When picking up, we do require a valid government issued photo ID with corresponding address. An accompanying proof of address can be presented if the address on the receiver’s driver’s license doesn’t match what is written on the package. For a list of acceptable proof of addresses, please view the following document: http://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/faq/puro-id-requirements.pdf.

If you have any questions or need help with a shipment, please don’t hesitate to email us at customer.care@purolator.com.

Thank you,

Jeremie

Purolator Inc.

www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:

Online monitoring service. Part of the response may be official company comms on matters of this nature, and then delivered in the context of each unique complaint, but that is a real person on the other end who registerred to respond.

Would be interesting to know who they ar using, but yeah I've had similar experiences to greggy many years ago when they handled USPS express parcels.

Joe beat me to it.

BTW, pretty sure CanadaPost stopped using Puralator years ago. They use Fed Ex now as far as I know.

Hi greggy and MetalPSI,

Thank you,

Jeremie

Purolator Inc.

www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:

Would be interesting to know who they ar using, but yeah I've had similar experiences to greggy many years ago when they handled USPS express parcels.

Joe beat me to it.

BTW, pretty sure CanadaPost stopped using Puralator years ago. They use Fed Ex now as far as I know.

Yet every post office in my area is ships stuff out with Purolator and has purolator packages and envelopes in store

Ok, didn't notice that. I've used the CP Expedited service a few times and there is a Fed Ex logo on the form where there used to be a Purolater logo, hence my confusion.

Ok, didn't notice that. I've used the CP Expedited service a few times and there is a Fed Ex logo on the form where there used to be a Purolater logo, hence my confusion.

Maybe it depends on area.

I see Purolator in all my local post offices. Maybe its a slow creep/takeover

Hi greggy and MetalPSI,

Thank you,

Jeremie

Purolator Inc.

www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:

Hi Jeremie

Please refrain from the PR BS

I too had a horrible experience with PUROLATOR, I went to one of their locations and was treated very rudely and unprofessionally by one of your representatives. That was the first and last time I will ever use PUROLATOR.

Hi greggy and MetalPSI,

Thank you,

Jeremie

Purolator Inc.

www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:

Hi Jeremie

Please refrain from the PR BS

I too had a horrible experience with PUROLATOR, I went to one of their locations and was treated very rudely and unprofessionally by one of your representatives. That was the first and last time I will ever use PUROLATOR.

Wasn't in Edmonton was it? lol Sounds exactly like the experience I had

I just skipped the last 3 pages so here is my uninformed opinion.

Canada post blows. Expensive, slow, and not very careful.

Also, postal workers (delivery persons) get paid a lot! Friend of mine use to work for them and she made ridiculous cash. Pretty sure she made more than me... I'm gonna work for Canada post!!!

I know everyone loves to hate on CPC but the folks who work at the office I frequent are great and out of 100's of packages I have maybe only like 2 problems...Maybe it is a smaller city thing?

All mail services get a bad rap for negatives but the truth is that for handling millions of packages a year, they do a relatively good job at making sure most mail makes it safely.

The mail man is an unsung hero IMO.