• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harely Quinn #1 Rebirth variants

446 posts in this topic

I don't think legacy raised their prices. I bought 2 sets yesterday @ $27 and they are still selling them at $27.

They raised the prices on the other artgerm variants not this one yet.

Thanks guys! Just picked up the Artgerm Harley variant! IMHO, it's the best cover of the bunch!

it puts his Batman 1 variant to shame

It puts most of the store exclusive covers to shame.

EXCEPT for the Bulletproof Comics variant:

ehhh....not felling that one.

Why ?

Personally, I like the B&W version a little bit better.

Really? I think it looks great

No sex appeal and her face looks kind of manly to me. Phoned it in on the background too. Dell'Otto is definitely the best in the game at realistic figures though.

Fair enough, what I really like about it is the edginess/hardness of it. It's a nice contrast to some of the other offerings

Anybody hear anything about the print runs not being set in stone? I heard the Artgem one is going to increase from 1500/3000 to something bigger?

3000 color covers is the minimum we had to order to be able to get one...the black & white is an option if you want to order it or not. The DC guy told me 1500 copies...I don't know if I could have ordered only 500 if I wanted or if it was a minimum of 1500...but I know we could order more than the minimums if we wanted.

lol People buying pre-orders on eBay for $70 when the store has them for $27.

Do you think the Artgerm will be for Harley as Turner was for Batman? Or is there a different one that has the same potential due to Harley's popularity.

Do you think the Artgerm will be for Harley as Turner was for Batman? Or is there a different one that has the same potential due to Harley's popularity.

I have no idea; I think there are way too many of these variants -- Harley or otherwise. That being said, I do purchase some here and there, but they have to be cheap and have art I like. That way if it never "heats up", it still fits in my collection and I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it. But maybe that's just me.

The Turner cover for Harley will still be the highest in demand. Artgerm second and Linsner third. Imho.

Turner's Harley will most certainly be on fire as much as Batman was, IMHO

Have you guys seen this weird line art variant?

http://www.ltd-edition-comix.com/HARLEY-QUINN-VOL-3-1-ARTGERM-LEGACY-SET-OF-3_A20HKH.aspx

On Google+, someone who called Ltd Edition reported that the line art variant is limited to 400 copies. But to my knowledge, DC Comics doesn't allow print runs that low for store variants. Any ideas?

http://www.ltd-edition-comix.com/HARLEY-QUINN-VOL-3-1-ARTGERM-LEGACY-SET-OF-3_A20HKH.aspx

On Google+, someone who called Ltd Edition reported that the line art variant is limited to 400 copies. But to my knowledge, DC Comics doesn't allow print runs that low for store variants. Any ideas?

I thought the artgerm cover was exclusive to Legendary Comics? If both stores are selling, the print run may be huge.....

I thought the artgerm cover was exclusive to Legendary Comics? If both stores are selling, the print run may be huge.....

According to the Facebook page for Legacy Comics, they're also selling it to their affiliate stores in the UK, Mexico and Singapore, but it's all from the same print run.

......... that said, they're increasing print run to accommodate sales, according to these comments:

http://www.legacycomics.com/2016/06/harley-quinn-1-legacy-edition-exclusive-variant-by-stanley-artgerm-lau-on-presale-now/

"I hope the print run stays low so the book holds more value…. Especially nowadays with thousands of print runs"

Just buy a book b/c you like it;the store wants to make money, too, and they're the ones who control that, so I'm guessing they are going to take as many orders as possible.

"wes

June 29, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Just bought 2 will cancel if print is raised"

giphy.gif

I just called Legacy Comics since they're in my neck of the woods and they told me the "line" variant hasn't been approved by DC yet. Once it's approved, they'll start selling them through their website.

The person also added that other sites shouldn't be selling it as they (Legacy) are the only ones that can. I'm a little confused by this statement only because of the comments posted on the Legacy site around the variant's availability in Mexico which ahsieh kindly provided the link to.

"I hope the print run stays low so the book holds more value…. Especially nowadays with thousands of print runs"

Just buy a book b/c you like it;the store wants to make money, too, and they're the ones who control that, so I'm guessing they are going to take as many orders as possible.

"wes

June 29, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Just bought 2 will cancel if print is raised"

giphy.gif

lol! I'm sure they will change their minds about increasing print numbers because that guy will pull his books. What a champ!

Seriously though, I am getting it regardless, but it's definitely NOT a speculator cover at this point. Which makes me change my mind on my previous post.

Turner variant will be most sought after, then Linsner, then Dodson? I dunno, I just like his stuff.