• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Modifies New Holder

669 posts in this topic

How about having a pic or video of the new case?

Are they going to be making magazine sized cases as well?

Basically, is everything going back to almost normal?

I would assume they had new holders of different depths, so adding the inner well probably means they need to use a slightly deeper outer holder. I'd also like to know what the inner well will be made of, and whether there's a high heat aspect. As far as the new outer holder goes... I do think it is superior to the original, even though 99%+ of my collection is the old holder. lol

Ok, gonna get subs ready this weekend!!!!

Few thoughts and questions...

1. Are they keeping the new label?

2. What is the new inner well made of? New source of Barex, or PETG or something else? I suspect something new because they state the case is still different then the old one.

3. Is this an admission there was a real issue?

4. Is it an new outer case or case material using the old case mold, or is it a new plastic?

I just called and was told they are using Barex just as they were before.

For the whole case or just the inner well?

This is all fine and good, but I'm still waiting a while before sending anything to CGC.

Not actually addressing there was a real issue and fast tracking a new frankencase...

I'll wait a few months at least for pics to surface one way or the other.

I would wait, but already have a bunch of books there. Hoping they turn out well.

2. What is the new inner well made of? New source of Barex, or PETG or something else? I suspect something new because they state the case is still different then the old one.

4. Is it an new outer case or case material using the old case mold, or is it a new plastic?

For the inner well.

So who in customer service did you talk to?

So who in customer service did you talk to?

I'm uncertain of who I finally landed speaking to that had an answer for me Bob. I first spoke to Joe who sent me to a woman, who then sent me to Brittany. Our call dropped and when I called back I was routed again and I didn't catch the name but it sounded to be Brittany again but I can't say for sure.

I still think they should use up the inventory of the faulty holders on Beachbum's books.

Why the hate?

There's no hate. Where's your love for the recent but not new holder?

For the inner well.

:grin: Well I look forward to seeing it. Maybe I won't have to resubmit my book.