• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SILVER SABLE & BLACK CAT (TBD)
2 2

70 posts in this topic

BLACK CAT AND SILVER SABLE Gets A Cool New Title And Finally Lands A Director

Sable_Cat.png

Despite allowing Spider-Man to enter the Marvel Cinematic Universe because they realized they were handling the character all wrong, Sony Pictures is pushing ahead with spinoffs unrelated to Tom Holland's wall-crawler and the latest to land a director is the Black Cat and Silver Sable movie. Gina Prince-Bythewood will be at the helm, and while her name may not be familiar to you, she's no stranger to the world of superheroes after recently taking the helm of the Cloak & Dagger pilot. 

She'll also be rewriting Christopher Yost's (Thor: The Dark World) screenplay and the movie has been given the title Silver & Black. That's actually pretty cool and a little less wordy than using their full superhero names. Unfortunately, story details of any sort still haven't been revealed by Sony.

SILVER & BLACK Rumored To Include Kraven The Hunter, Spider-Woman And More SPIDER-MAN Characters

The wall-crawler could be mentioned and you'll be hoping that's the case if these plot details from Splash Report are accurate.

They have a source who's reportedly given them an outline of the story and while it actually sounds pretty cool, there are probably a long list of reasons why this intel will annoy fans of Spider-Man. 

"Seven years after Mendel Stromm (a.k.a. Robot Master) and his two henchmen (The Scorpion and The Tarantula) killed her father, Silver Sable is hired by the government to find Felicia Hardy. The Black Cat, a master hacker and thief, has apparently stolen valuable secret information. She’s hiding in the lawless and dangerous triple frontier area between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.

Once there, Sable ask her old contact Dmitri Smerdyakov (a.k.a. The Chameleon) to locate her. But it seems, the government are not the only ones looking for the Black Cat. It seems Felicia had made a deal Stromm to save her father from a Russian prison and she’s been genetically enhanced. Now, the mad scientist wants his prized experiment back because his financier (cough Norman Osborn cough) wants a return on his investment."

The site goes on to mention that we'll also be introduced to Dominic Fortune, Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman, Sergei Kravinoff/Kraven the Hunter, Lonnie Lincoln/Tombstone, and Charles Standish. There's no mention of how they'll factor into the plot, but assuming this story is accurate, we can clearly forget seeing any of these heroes and villains in the Spider-Man: Homecoming series. That's not good news and the likes of Scorpion and Kraven walking around in a world with no Spidey just seems wrong!

This is sounding like a larger Spider-Man 3 - without Spider-Man.

Now that seems unique.

SILVER & BLACK Now Rumored To Be The Setup For An All-Female SPIDER-VERSE Team-Up Movie

151551.jpg

Sony Pictures clearly wants a piece of that action, as the studio recently announced that a Silver & Black ( Silver Sable and Black Cat) movie was in the works, and now a new rumor suggests they may be taking things to a whole new level with an all-female "Spider-Verse" movie.

According to Splash Report, Sony is planning an Avengers-style ensemble movie that would feature only the women of the studio's burgeoning Spider-Man universe. In addition to Black Cat and Silver Sable, the team would consist of Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), *Charlotte Witter (Stunner), Sarah Ehret (Jackpot) and Cassie St. Commons (Dusk).

Black And Silver Director Gets Advice From Wonder Woman Director

Vj6VkE9.png

In an interview with Vulture, Gina Prince-Bythewood revealed she met Patty Jenkins recently at a meeting for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The Silver and Black director admitted she approached Jenkins for advice. “She dropped a couple gems for me, which I will keep to myself for now. But it was just an immediate connection,” Prince-Bythewood said.

Apparently, the duo hit it off well. The Vulture reported that Jenkins and Prince-Bythewood have a lunch date set up soon to talk superheroines.

Later in the interview, Prince-Bythewood gave an update on the Sony film’s production. The director confirmed Silver and Black is aiming for a fall 2017 production date, and she is already working on -script revisions.

“I go to bed thinking about it, I wake up thinking about it, and during the day, I have my notebook where I’m jotting down ideas and visuals and music,” Prince-Bythewood said.

“It’s so up my alley in terms of these two female characters and who they are and what they’re about. It’s the perfect way for me to dive into the Marvel universe, to focus on these two women who I really respect and can’t wait to bring to life.”

On 6/2/2017 at 2:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

I take it this is the Sony play on Gotham City Sirens? Sounds good to me. The more characters they can mine the better.

Based on the success of Wonder Woman I expect to see a push from Sony and Marvel to feature more female characters. The key will be who they cast in the roles. DC/Warner hit the jackpot with Gadot as WW and Amber Heard should be a good fit as Mera. They need to ensure that they include acting ability as part of the criteria, not just how they look in the suit.

Silver & Black's Marvel Villains Reportedly Revealed

The folks over at That Hashtag Show posted a report earlier today that list Silver & Black’s villain roster. Marvel fans will recognize the bad-boy lineup as all the villains are sourced straight from Spider-Man’s rogues.

Of course, there is no official word on whether the report’s roster is correct, but fans are hoping the lineup is true. In recent weeks, word surfaced that Sony would put a villain from Spider-Man: Homecoming into Silver & Black. That Hashtag Show does report Scorpion will be featured in the spin-off, so the hardened criminal may become a link that bridges Sony and Marvel’s cinematic universe.

• Gaunt

• Tarantula

• Scorpion

• The Chameleon

• Tombstone

Silver & Black Will Be Marvel's Thelma & Louise

silver-and-black-thelma-louise-1011041-6

According to Gina Prince-Bythewood, who will be helming the project, the story will draw inspiration from buddy movies - including the hit 1991 dramedy Thelma & Louise.

"I wanted to tell the story of two damaged women," Prince-Bythewood revealed to Variety, "who are at war with each other but need each other to survive."

But according to Variety's reporting, Silver & Black will be thematically darker than its predecessor (Homecoming). Prince-Bythewood is reportedly focusing heavily on the origins of her film's characters - including the deaths of their parents - to create the film's narrative.

Columbia Pictures president Sanford Panitch echoed the idea of a darker narrative, saying that films revolving around superheroes and villains have grown much more nuanced.

"Superhero movies have now transcended," Panitch explained, "where they’re no longer superhero movies per se; they are essentially genre movies. It’s not so much that characters have a cape and fly. In Silver & Black, these two women are modern and cool. They may wear costumes, but [they’re] very real and very grounded."

On 7/17/2017 at 4:41 PM, paperheart said:

:facepalm:  where's Swiss Miss?

lol Seems like they are trying to establish the Sinister Seven or Evil Eight with all of the villains?

This looks like a trainwreck in the making, but if they cast the two leads properly at least there will be some eyecandy for the fanboys to look at. 

Silver Sable and Black Cat movie ‘Silver and Black’ gets February 2019 release date

blackcatsilversable-1280-1490227653101_1

Sony announced the release date for their Spider-Man spinoff movie starring Silver Sable and Black Cat tonight. Silver and Black will hit theaters on February 8, 2019, just a few months after Venom hits theaters in the fall of 2018.

SILVER & BLACK Will Include Silver Sable's Entire Wild Pack - With An Ultimate Twist

Wild-_Pack-_Banner.jpg

There have been rumblings for a while that Silver Sable's Wild Pack might appear in Gina Prince-Bythewood's Silver & Black and as she works on a screenplay originally written by Chris Yost (Thor: The Dark World) and Lisa Joy (Westworld), more details about what we should expect have surfaced today.

According to That Hashtag Show, we'll get to see Wild Pack members Powell, Klein, Chen, Morty, and Arnold. Morty is going to be a male in the movie just like his Ultimate Universe counterpart so it could be that Sony has turned to Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man for some inspiration here. 

They also claim that the plan is for Silver Sable to bring together her Wild Pack after being tasked with hunting down and capturing Black Cat. However, there will be more to that plan than meets the eye as she hopes to take down the villainous Mendell Stromm - the movie's main villain - in the process.

Radio silent, other than ...

Tessa Thompson Wants Silver & Black Director for Valkyrie Movie

YcslkuY.png

The director of Silver & Black wants a Valkyrie solo movie after Thor: Ragnarok, and Tessa Thompson wants her to make it. After almost two weeks in theaters around the world, Ragnarok opened big this past weekend and shattered a number of box office records. Along with its near-universal critical praise, the numbers so far ensure the Thor franchise has a future in the MCU. Likewise, director Taika Waititi may yet helm Thor 4, once the dust of the next two Avengers films settles.

It may not just be Waititi who continues to work with Marvel, as Thor: Ragnarok was packed with breakout characters. Though Thor, Hulk, and Loki all delivered, the new additions of the Grandmaster, Hela, and Valkyrie have received much of the praise when it comes to the cast of the film. Both Cate Blanchett’s Hela and Jeff Goldblum’s Grandmaster brought plenty of eccentricity to the movie, along with menace and absurdism respectively. Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie, meanwhile, already has fans asking for a spinoff thanks to her swaggering persona and aptitude in battle. Fans aren’t the only ones with this dream, either.