• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are most important issues in Spectacular Spider-man?

47 posts in this topic

I have full run of Spectacular Spider-man excluded polybagged SSM #231 White Variant with the cassette. Planning to sell it soon, what are your ranking the most important issues in the collection?

So far, I ranked the high-sought books - #64 1st Cloak & Dagger, #27 - 1st Frank Miller's work of Daredevil, #1, #28, #69 & #70 - early Cloak & Dagger, #90 - 1st black costume on the last page, #56 second appearance of Jack O'Lantern and #101 break-up of Spider-man and Black Cat.

I don't know the rest. Share your rankings will be appreciated.

Not exactly "mega keys" but noteworthy Spectacular Spider-Man issues...

#9 - 1st colour appearance of White Tiger

#22 - 1st meeting between Spidey and Moon Knight

#25 and later #149 - 1st Carrion (Miles Warren and Malcolm McBride)

#40 - Spidey-Lizard!

#107 - #110 - Sin Eater storyline...A classic

#139 - Origin of Tombstone

#200 - "Death" of Harry

320 - MJ announces she is pregnant

Not exactly "mega keys" but noteworthy Spectacular Spider-Man issues...

#9 - 1st colour appearance of White Tiger

#22 - 1st meeting between Spidey and Moon Knight - After first solo in Marvel Spotlight #28 & #29

#25 and later #149 - 1st Carrion (Miles Warren and Malcolm McBride)

#40 - Spidey-Lizard!

#107 - #110 - Sin Eater storyline...A classic

#139 - Origin of Tombstone - That's good one.

#200 - "Death" of Harry

320 - MJ announces she is pregnant

Thanks for your invaluable inputs.

Spectacular Spider-Man gets no respect. You're better off selling as a set than piecing it out. Once the 64 and the Millers are gone, it's game over.

I CANNOT disagree with ya!

Unfortunately, this assessment is so very true. :(

Okay, I might add in issue #1 to that very short list, but there's really nothing else there. It's sad to say that we have a current marketplace where everybody is focused just on the keys only, and everything else is basically nothing more than just worthless drek. :cry:

When it's cheaper for readers to buy trades or digital, that's what happens to non keys. I don't think Marvel would allow a solo title for an A list to go on for that long without generating some hype issues. New characters or teams, or a death or two. A new costume, something.

#98 -- First appearance of The Spot. Rather cool Spidey villain.

That day I remembered, I thought it was the most ridiculous villain ever even I laughed how he handled Spidey in many ways until Spidey is down.

I would not wait the next issue to see how Spidey would handle the Spot in a complicated way. I remembered it well.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

#116 and #119 - Spidey vs Sabretooth - Those were cool issues

#257 - "Identity Crisis" - Spidey becomes Prodigy (1st Prodigy)

Very good! #257 has three different covers: copy A has Spidey over Prodigy, copy B has Prodigy over Spidey and copy C has Spidey cover only. I have the copy A.

#116 and #119 - Spidey vs Sabretooth - Those were cool issues

#257 - "Identity Crisis" - Spidey becomes Prodigy (1st Prodigy)

Very good! #257 has three different covers: copy A has Spidey over Prodigy, copy B has Prodigy over Spidey and copy C has Spidey cover only. I have the copy A.

SSM very underrated in today's market. I have nearly a full run of the first 100 issues. Some great stuff in there.

Oh yes, I forgot...SSM #110 is where DD finds out that Peter and Spidey are one in the same and where DD reveals his secret id to Peter. Classic issue IMHO.