• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats registry winners and BEST FORUMITES!

70 posts in this topic

I don't think there have been any epic strikes handed out in awhile. There have been strikes but nothing over some of the epic meltdowns that occurred in the past.

Either the mods are no longer letting things escalate

Everyone around here is developing thicker skin

Perhaps the troublemakers have found new pastures to roam

Perhaps some have gone sawft

To whoever does the voting at CGC - thank you VERY much.

I was fortunate to win one of the Best Bronze Age sets for my Godzilla set.

While it's not a sexy title, it took me years to complete and I'm still always looking to do some tweaking to it.

Godzilla # 2 was the 1st comic I remember reading as a kid and the title has always had a soft spot with me.

Congrats Jordy. Beautiful set!

Lots of really impressive sets there. The Golden Age Bats and Supes sets are amazing to look through. And you gotta love a X-Men #94-143 set all in 9.8.

Congrats to all.

The Bat and Supes sets are freaking insane- i would be afraid to hold those comics- Sensei Ryans Walking Dead set is no joke either-

Congratulations to all!

Congrats, Jerel. You deserve it.

RMA, do you really need a spoiler for this comment ? Your protest is becoming annoying, enough all ready. I really do like to read your comments. Please stop.

Spoiling my posts isn't a protest. It's designed to keep the people who complain about what I post from being bothered to click to read what I say. Administration, as "Architecht" has admitted, responds to volume (not merit) of complaints, so the answer is simple: keep that volume to a minimum, by any means necessary.

As Janet put it "don't want to put me on ignore? Here, let me facilitate that for you."

The people who want to read what I have to say will click. Those who don't, won't. I appreciate that you like to read what I say.

There's much more to be said, but I don't think this is the thread for that.

RMA, do you really need a spoiler for this comment ? Your protest is becoming annoying, enough all ready. I really do like to read your comments. Please stop.

Spoiling my posts isn't a protest. It's designed to keep the people who complain about what I post from being bothered to click to read what I say. Administration, as "Architecht" has admitted, responds to volume (not merit) of complaints, so the answer is simple: keep that volume to a minimum, by any means necessary.

As Janet put it "don't want to put me on ignore? Here, let me facilitate that for you."

The people who want to read what I have to say will click. Those who don't, won't. I appreciate that you like to read what I say.

It is a pain in the , though, you've got to give me that. :frustrated:

It IS a pain in the , and I'm sorry for that. It's not fair to everyone on the board, and it's not fair to me, that I feel I have to speak from behind a closed door, or people will lodge complaints against me. Look at when I got my most recent strike. There were three people involved in that discussion (hardly an argument), and yet the only posts in that entire discussion notified were mine. The only ones. And, as explained, that strike was based, in whole or in part, by the volume of people complaining about me (but, oddly enough, not about anyone else involved.)

None of them should have been notified, but really, is it some sort of coincidence that my posts were the only ones notified? No, of course not.

But, it HAS succeeded in cutting down (though not eliminating) the complaints about my posts, so it's been effective in that regard. Plus, no one wants to see me complaining about my troubles with girls mods.

Anyone concerned should write a polite e-mail to Architecht and ask for the current conditions under which I am allowed to participate on these boards to be restored to what they are for everyone, to stop considering the volume of complaints, rather than their merit, and tell the people complaining to learn how to ignore.

It's funny...in the since deleted thread that Tranny posted about my strike when it happened, Beyonder was wondering what kind of person would check to see if their own posts were notified. The answer to that is: people who get strikes because of the volume of complaints about them, of course. :shrug:

It IS a pain in the , and I'm sorry for that. It's not fair to everyone on the board, and it's not fair to me, that I feel I have to speak from behind a closed door, or people will lodge complaints against me. Look at when I got my most recent strike. There were three people involved in that discussion (hardly an argument), and yet the only posts in that entire discussion notified were mine. The only ones. And, as explained, that strike was based, in whole or in part, by the volume of people complaining about me (but, oddly enough, not about anyone else involved.)

None of them should have been notified, but really, is it some sort of coincidence that my posts were the only ones notified? No, of course not.

But, it HAS succeeded in cutting down (though not eliminating) the complaints about my posts, so it's been effective in that regard.

Anyone concerned should write a polite e-mail to Architecht and ask for the current conditions under which I am allowed to participate on these boards to be restored to what they are for everyone, to stop considering the volume of complaints, rather than their merit, and tell the people complaining to learn how to ignore.

It's funny...in the since deleted thread that Tranny posted about my strike when it happened, Beyonder was wondering what kind of person would check to see if their own posts were notified. The answer to that is: people who get strikes because of the volume of complaints about them, of course. :shrug:

You have reached ultra-jerk status though :o - many aspire, and not few attain..., You should be proud!!! (worship)

But, it HAS succeeded in cutting down (though not eliminating) the complaints about my posts, so it's been effective in that regard.

You have reached ultra-jerk status though :o - many aspire, and not few attain..., You should be proud!!! (worship)

Pffft. I reached ultra-jerk status with my second post.

:cloud9:

I have to admit, it is rather genius. If someone complains what he wrote, that means that they had to take the extra step to actually see what he wrote. They are instantly pursuing the matter.

I find the suspense rather....intriguing.

Feel Privileged and honored to be part of such an elite group!

Am waiting on another 15 recently graded books to arrive from CGC and will update the set promptly; so there will be officially no holes in the run.....just need to focus on the upgrading of a handful (oh, who am i kidding - work is never done).

Joey

Am waiting on another 15 recently graded books to arrive from CGC and will update the set promptly; so there will be officially no holes in the run.....just need to focus on the upgrading of a handful (oh, who am i kidding - work is never done).

Joey

Congrats Joey. That Blue label Supes 1 is amazing. I didn't see that on your registry.

Joey

Congrats Joey. That Blue label Supes 1 is amazing. I didn't see that on your registry.

Thanks bro - it's not the copy in my #1 registry set, but in the backup set.

Joey