• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Me either.

You know what annoys me the most? They killed off the best character!

Edited by Batman

You guys are also a hoot.

Back when I were a lad, when Dr Flippin' 'Oo had proper paper mache walls and embarrassingly pantomime-like sequences (Tom Baker wardrobe montage anyone?). Aye, that were grand.

:baiting:

3 hours ago, AJD said:

You guys are also a hoot.

Back when I were a lad, when Dr Flippin' 'Oo had proper paper mache walls and embarrassingly pantomime-like sequences (Tom Baker wardrobe montage anyone?). Aye, that were grand.

:baiting:

You just miss Tegan :baiting:

BBC's gamble pays off with the highest ratings for Doctor Who in over a decade.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6255527/Doctor-Whos-Jodie-Whittaker-scores-best-ratings-TWELVE-years-series-opener.html

Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker scores the best ratings in 12 years for a series opener as 8.2 million tune in.

Jodie Whittaker's debut as the Time Lord scored the highest ratings in 12 years for a Doctor Who series opener - with 8.2 million viewers tuning in to see her in action.

Sunday night's episode The Woman Who Fell To Earth was also the highest BBC One drama debut this year, beating Richard Madden and Keeley Hawes' Bodyguard, which launched with 6.7million viewers in August.

The actress, 36, appeared as the 13th incarnation of the time-travelling Doctor and almost doubled the number of fans watching the show when compared to the equivalent series opener in 2017.  

28 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

BBC's gamble pays off with the highest ratings for Doctor Who in over a decade.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6255527/Doctor-Whos-Jodie-Whittaker-scores-best-ratings-TWELVE-years-series-opener.html

Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker scores the best ratings in 12 years for a series opener as 8.2 million tune in.

Jodie Whittaker's debut as the Time Lord scored the highest ratings in 12 years for a Doctor Who series opener - with 8.2 million viewers tuning in to see her in action.

Sunday night's episode The Woman Who Fell To Earth was also the highest BBC One drama debut this year, beating Richard Madden and Keeley Hawes' Bodyguard, which launched with 6.7million viewers in August.

The actress, 36, appeared as the 13th incarnation of the time-travelling Doctor and almost doubled the number of fans watching the show when compared to the equivalent series opener in 2017.  

Hardly a surprise. Many will have been curious and wanted to see how Jodie fared. The true test will be the mid to end of season ratings. 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

Hardly a surprise. Many will have been curious and wanted to see how Jodie fared. The true test will be the mid to end of season ratings. 

This.

I was totally underwhelmed by Jodie's debut story as a female Doctor.  The monster was less Predator, more Tooth Fairy.  A heavy dose of multiculturalism seems to be the order of the day.  I haven't a clue who most of the forthcoming guest stars are, as previewed at the episode's end.  Might get better as the season unfolds but I'm not holding my breath . . .

Edited by The Voord