• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Berkeley Comic Con Aug. 7 plus board meet-up. Comics only show!

159 posts in this topic

I keep seeing that this is "old school', will someone like me that collectes

Moderns be out of place?? I will defintely take you up on that offer.

That's a fair question. We are talking to a local store that has a ton of 80% off TPBs. I want discount TPBs there. (As an aside, after coming to the con, I strongly suggest you check out the Mad Monk's Cultural Emporium on Telegraph, where Cody's used to be. Huge TPB and reprint section and also just stuffed with great books and lps. It's also a good chance to check out Fantastic Comics in downtown Berkeley, just a few blocks away.) I got regrets from another guy who carries pretty much only 80s to present as he has another commitment, otherwise he'd be there. There's another big dealer talking about doing the show who brings everything, gold to present, including dollar books. Harvey has plenty of New 52 vintage and such dollar books, so it's part of his regular setup. I want to also have plenty of modern sets and dollar books in my setup but my warehouse situation is in real estate hell right now so I'm not sure what I'm pulling off for this one. But things may be coming together quickly for me on that front. Another two guys are likely exhibitors and both have lots of more recent stuff. One of them was wearing a Valiant shirt at the last show.

I'm trying to really balance the product mix of vendors and make sure we have the right mix between old and new, expensive and inexpensive. As long as it's comics and not plushies! Tim and I like moderns quite a bit.

Thank you so much for this. Just a few questions. Where can one get something

to eat? Where can one park (that is relatively close) ? And Coffee. Thanks.

The Brain! I remember you from back in the day at Flying Colors, right?

There's decent street parking, and a parking garage across the street. more info on the site.

As far as food and coffee, as was mentioned earlier, the options are many. I will put together a list of good spots within walking distance and print it out for you (And anyone else) and bring it to the show.

Tim

Yes Tim, that's me. I went back to the site and found a lot of information, thanks.

Hi Brain,

When we say, "Old School Comic Book Show" we mean a show that is focused on comic books rather than toys or DVDs etc.

Comic books of all ages, with a focus on vintage stuff. There will be tons of moderns, TPBs etc. as Marc mentioned in his reply.

Personally I mainly collect Bronze Marvel, but I probably spend as much or more weekly on new comics - there's so much great new stuff to read these days.

That's a fair question. We are talking to a local store that has a ton of 80% off TPBs. I want discount TPBs there. (As an aside, after coming to the con, I strongly suggest you check out the Mad Monk's Cultural Emporium on Telegraph, where Cody's used to be. Huge TPB and reprint section and also just stuffed with great books and lps. It's also a good chance to check out Fantastic Comics in downtown Berkeley, just a few blocks away.) I got regrets from another guy who carries pretty much only 80s to present as he has another commitment, otherwise he'd be there. There's another big dealer talking about doing the show who brings everything, gold to present, including dollar books. Harvey has plenty of New 52 vintage and such dollar books, so it's part of his regular setup. I want to also have plenty of modern sets and dollar books in my setup but my warehouse situation is in real estate hell right now so I'm not sure what I'm pulling off for this one. But things may be coming together quickly for me on that front. Another two guys are likely exhibitors and both have lots of more recent stuff. One of them was wearing a Valiant shirt at the last show.

I'm trying to really balance the product mix of vendors and make sure we have the right mix between old and new, expensive and inexpensive. As long as it's comics and not plushies! Tim and I like moderns quite a bit.

Thanks.

Keeping it to about 12 right now to make sure it's manageable and everybody does okay, sales-wise. Nice variety of material and everyone is selling comics at the booth. Tens of thousands of comics there. Best books so far will be two copies of TOS 39, a full run of Brave and the Bold including the 28-30, and some Everett issues of Venus. Showcase as low as #3, OAAW as low as #3. MGA 80, run of Wonder Woman 100-125, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think I'm bringing my Popular Comics #4 from 1936 however, lol