• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con 2016 Gathering

109 posts in this topic

SDConGeekfest2016_35.jpg

Explanation needed!

It's Ken's book, and it's purdy.

looked Pedigree worthy in hand for sure. :headbang:

Is it unrestored? It looks brand new!

Unrestored. 8.5ish.

FC had 9.4 eye appeal

The colors on the front cover look brand spanking new like they were just applied to the yesterday. :cloud9:

Front cover definitely looks much more 9.4ish or possibly even higher, so what's taking the book down to only a 8.5 grade? hm

small tear in the BC mainly.

Having feasted on the freshly killed pizzas, the party moves indoors for the comics.

In a striking departure from convention, our host is the first to share a couple jewels. The Radio Funnies Ashcan is the only known copy and next to it is the Church copy of the issue that was the basis for the cover.

SDConGeekfest2016_09.jpg

So glad to see my book ended up in a great home! This was one of the original 6 ashcans I purchased from Sol in 1986.

That's such a great photo. I remember the ashcan cover from your ads in Overstreet. Great to see that it has found an equally perfect home in a completely reinvented context.

Was someone released from the witness protection program? I didn't notice any blocked out faces this year.

Also, drool.

One of a number of delightful funny animal funnybooks from DrLove

SDConGeekfest2016_32.jpg