• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Jack Davis

67 posts in this topic

I only met Jack Davis on one occasion, at the 50th EC Reunion at the 2000 AACC Dinner in San Diego. I just wish I had taken more photos. Jack was every bit the southern gentleman, you will never meet a nicer guy. We love him for his EC art, but he went on to have an incredible career afterwards. Rest In Peace, Jack!

Tales%20of%20Terror%20Autographs_zpsoi2n5xwt.jpg

RIP to an old Master. Although he did a lot of work, his Spaulding ads on the back of comics has always been one of my favorites.

I forgot about those! My first thought was of Incredible Science Fiction #32 and Mad #2

814865.jpg

Mad002-1.JPG

Jack was a true GA great. His quirky style was instantly recognizable, and he (as others have said) was a gentleman. When working for EC he frequently felt ill at ease drawing the horror stuff, and the violent stuff. Although this went against his personal beliefs and values, he got on with it anyway and delivered a first class product .

He was a real professional.

It's a sad day. :sorry:

R.I.P Jack