• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ROCKETEER RETURNS from Disney Studios
1 1

48 posts in this topic

Bettie/Jennie should don the helmet and jetpack. Also, where are they getting another one from if Cliff is lost fighting Nazi's?

Why would Bettie become the new Rocketeer? Because she was in the original story arc?

But I would have liked to see Cliff Secord again as the main character. Even better if they could go with the Adventure stories where Lamont Cranston appeared. That would be such a cool retro story.

Gee, passing the torch to a character from the original arc? Yeah, that's never worked before. doh!

Bettie/Jennie should don the helmet and jetpack. Also, where are they getting another one from if Cliff is lost fighting Nazi's?

Why would Bettie become the new Rocketeer? Because she was in the original story arc?

But I would have liked to see Cliff Secord again as the main character. Even better if they could go with the Adventure stories where Lamont Cranston appeared. That would be such a cool retro story.

Gee, passing the torch to a character from the original arc? Yeah, that's never worked before. doh!

Well, with that approach I guess Lothar should be the next Rocketeer. Because he feels so guilty for giving Cliff a hard time in the first movie. We find out he really didn't burn up.

6b2tq1N.jpg

This sounds great, and i love how mad its making some of you.

i dont think the fans are angry, just sad another Intellectual Property is being tarnished by people pushing agendas over staying true to source material.

The only anger will come when media faux hype, controlled reviews, et al. are unable to lift the lead balloon that is another panderfest (refer to to the Failbusters reboot).

Hopefully they get good writers, actors, and directors, because the only thing that can save a panderfest flick is high-quality talent. (which of course would have produced an even greater film, with the SJW pandering removed).

This sounds great, and i love how mad its making some of you.

I love watching people convince themselves something is good to prove how PC they are, lol

:D , there's actually a term for it now,

it's called "Virtue Signaling"

But Seinfeld covered it long before it had a name (Kramer Aids Ribbon episode...)

Edited by CBT

THE ROCKETEER Animated Series Takes To The Skies On Disney Junior In 2019 With Some Big Twists

We've heard rumors about Disney rebooting The Rocketeer for a few years, but now it's official. Disney has announced that production on an animated series inspired by the Dave Stevens' comic book series of the same name has entered production.

Set to debut on Disney Junior in 2019, The Rocketeer cartoon series will be intended for young kids and their families. The audience is not the only surprise either, as it was revealed that the series will follow a young girl named Kit who receives a surprise birthday package revealing she’s next in line to become the Rocketeer, a legendary superhero who can take the skies with the help of a rocket-powered jet pack. Kit will be joined on her adventures by her "gadget-minded" best friend Tesh and her airplane mechanic uncle Ambrose.

“We are very excited to introduce ‘The Rocketeer’ to our young Disney Junior audience," said senior vice president of original programming Joe D’Ambrosia in a statement. "The vast storytelling found in the original comic books provides the perfect opportunity to create an exciting new adventure series told from a young girl superhero perspective that the whole family can enjoy together.”

Disney Junior's re-imagined show is aimed at children ages 2 to 7, and each episode will feature two 11-minute stories and an original song.

The Rocketeer | Sneak Peek

Disney Junior unveiled its trailer for the animated reboot of The Rocketeer. The series is based on the comics by Dave Stevens and serve as a sequel of sorts.

Kit Secord learns she's secretly next in line to become The Rocketeer, a rocket-pack wearing superhero who can fly! Armed with her cool new gear and secret identity, Kit takes to the skies to protect the citizens of Hughesville with the help of her best friend Tesh, bulldog sidekick Butch, and airplane mechanic grandfather, Ambrose Secord.

The Rocketeer airs on Disney Junior and in the DisneyNOW app.

‘THE ROCKETEER’ TRAILER: A CULT CLASSIC SOARS ONTO TV WITH NEW SERIES

The Rocketeer is back.

At Comic-Con 2019 in San Diego, Disney unveiled the first trailer for their new animated series based on the beloved 1991 movie The Rocketeer. Directed by Joe Johnston (Captain America: The First Avenger), the film featured Billy Campbell as the title hero, a stunt pilot who discovers an experimental flight pack and uses it to become a hero in 1930s Los Angeles.

The Rocketeer movie, based on the great comics series by Dave Stevens, won over critics and became a cult favorite, but its weak box-office performance kept the film from spawning sequels. Now, almost 30 years later, The Rocketeer returns as an animated show on Disney Junior — with Billy Campbell returning to the franchise in a key voice role.

As the trailer makes clear though, the show is about a new Rocketeer, a young girl named Kit Secord. Here’s the official synopsis:

Kit Secord learns she's secretly next in line to become The Rocketeer, a rocket-pack wearing superhero who can fly! Armed with her cool new gear and secret identity, Kit takes to the skies to protect the citizens of Hughesville with the help of her best friend Tesh, bulldog sidekick Butch, and airplane mechanic grandfather, Ambrose Secord.

I would have thought Kit was the original Rocketeer Cliff Secord’s daughter, but he’s not mentioned there. (I guess Billy Campbell could be playing Ambrose Secord; Campbell is, somewhat shockingly, 60 years old.) Obviously as a Disney Junior show, this is geared towards younger viewers. Based on this trailer, I have a feeling my daughter will love it. If it gets her to watch the original movie with me, all the better.

The Rocketeer Animated Series for Disney Junior Reveals Cast, Trailer

rocketeer_billy_campbell.jpg.02d6ceb68ea59b3ced904424e96a6472.jpg

Ahead of The Rocketeer's panel at SDCC 2019, Disney has announced the cast of the upcoming series. Among that cast is a rather familiar face...only this time he'll be a voice.

Original Rocketeer (from the 1991 film) Billy Campbell will appear in The Rocketeer animated series as Dave Secord, Kit's father.

"This is my first voice-acting job ever and I'm thrilled that it's for The Rocketeer," Campbell said in a statement. "This has been a really nice full-circle moment for me and I'm looking forward to introducing a new generation of kids, including my own, to the Rocketeer's stories."

Also joining the cast is Kitana Turnbull (A Series of Unfortunate Events) as new Rocketeer Kit. The rest of the voice cast is made up of Frank Welker (Scooby-Doo) as Grandpa Ambrose and Butch the bulldog; Callan Farris (Disney Channel's upcoming Gabby Duran & The Unsittables) as Kit's best friend, Tesh; and Navia Robinson (Disney Channel's Raven's Home) as Kit's flight school classmate, Valerie Valkyrie. Voicing the recurring comedic villains in the series are Maria Bamford (Arrested Development) and Kari Wahlgren (DC Superhero Girls) as sister team, Laura and Harley; Maurice LaMarche (Futurama) as Sylvester Slapdash; Charlie Adler (The Transformers franchise) and Parvesh Cheena (Disney Junior's upcoming Mira, Royal Detective) as The Great Orsino and Deany, respectively; and celebrity chef Ted Allen (Chopped) as Cast-Iron Chef

:applause:

Disney is bringing the beloved concept of The Rocketeer to Disney Junior, and now the series has added two more members to the cast. The series is based on Dave Stevens' comics and the previous Disney film and will feature Kit Secord learning she's next up to become the soaring hero. She'll do so with the help of her parents, who will be voiced by Billy Campbell and Kathy Najimy. Billy will play her father Dave Secord, and fans also know that Billy voiced Cliff Secord in the original Rocketeer film. As for Najimy, she will be playing Kit's mother Sareena Secord, while Kitana Turnbull will be playing the role of Kit, the next in line to inherit the mantle.

"This is my first voice-acting job ever and I'm thrilled that it's for 'The Rocketeer.' This has been a really nice full-circle moment for me and I'm looking forward to introducing a new generation of kids, including my own, to the Rocketeer's stories," Campbell said.

New name associated with the show.

Disney Junior’s The Rocketeer, a new comedic, animated adventure series featuring a young girl named Kit Secord, who takes to the skies to protect her community after becoming the surprise recipient of a rocket-pack that gives her the ability to fly, will premiere Friday, Nov. 8, on Disney Channel (11:00 a.m. EDT), Disney Junior (5:00 p.m. EDT) and DisneyNOW.

Inspired by Dave Stevens’ beloved superhero comic books and Walt Disney Pictures feature film, the series stars Kitana Turnbull (A Series of Unfortunate Events) as Kit, and Billy Campbell and Kathy Najimy as her parents, Dave and Sareena Secord. Campbell is best-known for starring as Cliff Secord in The Rocketeer film.

the-rocketeer2.jpg

Set in the idyllic small town of Hughesville, each episode of The Rocketeer is comprised of two 11-minute stories that follow Kit as she embarks on a high-flying adventure to help save her community and its residents from trouble — usually brought on by the many comedic villains who will be featured throughout the series. As with most superheroes, Kit has a team to help her pull off her heroic adventures and keep her identity hidden from the masses. Her best friend, Tesh, serves as Ground Control when Kit takes to the skies and is also the inventor of the hi-tech gadgets and upgrades for her rocket-pack; and her grandfather, Ambrose Secord, works at the Hughesville Airport and serves as her mechanic. Also along for the ride is Kit’s loyal bulldog, Butch.

In the premiere episode, Kit receives a surprise package on her birthday containing The Rocketeer’s helmet, which Grandpa Ambrose immediately recognizes as belonging to the famed superhero. With that, he unveils the rocket-pack which he was told to hang on to until the next Rocketeer was chosen. As Kit learns the ropes of becoming a flying superhero, Grandpa Ambrose and Tesh help with her training.

Upcoming guest stars include Tony and NAACP Award-winning actress Phylicia Rashad (Disney•Pixar’s upcoming Soul) as May Songbird, a famed stunt pilot who Kit helps overcome a fear of flying after a fall from grace; Emmy, Golden Globe and Peabody Award winner Marlo Thomas (That Girl) as Kit’s grandmother, Sitti, who comes to visit for the town’s annual food festival; Emmy and Golden Globe nominee Annie Potts (Disney•Pixar’s Toy Story) as Dave’s younger sister and aviation test pilot, Scarlett; Rahul Kohli (iZombie) as Tesh’s dad and Hughesville Trailblazers troop leader, Mr. Cheena; and D’Arcy Carden (The Good Place) as Ava, a self-flying airplane.

In addition to Turnbull, Campbell and Najimy, the series stars legendary voice actor Frank Welker (Scooby-Doo) as Grandpa Ambrose and Butch the bulldog; Callan Farris (Disney Channel’s Gabby Duran & the Unsittables) as Kit’s best friend, Tesh; and Navia Robinson (Disney Channel’s Raven’s Home) as Kit’s flight school classmate, Valerie Valkyrie. Voicing the recurring comedic villains in the series are Maria Bamford (Arrested Development) and Kari Wahlgren (DC Superhero Girls) as sister team, Laura and Harley; Maurice LaMarche (Futurama) as Sylvester Slapdash; Charlie Adler (The Transformers franchise) and Parvesh Cheena (Disney Junior’s upcoming Mira, Royal Detective) as The Great Orsino and Deany, respectively; and celebrity chef Ted Allen (Chopped) as Cast-Iron Chef.

The series is developed and executive produced by seven-time Emmy Award nominee Nicole Dubuc (Transformers: Rescue Bots). Michael Kenny (Disney’s Miles From Tomorrowland) is supervising director. Emmy Award-nominated Beau Black (Disney’s The Lion Guard) is the songwriter, and Annie Award-nominated Dominic Lewis (Disney’s DuckTales) is the composer. The series is produced by Wild Canary in association with Disney Junior.