• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

So here is a question for thread participants. My understanding is that the Mile High run of Planet Comics will one day come to market (unless the current owner decides to get buried with them). I don't think many people have seen the book from my understanding, but they are reported as being quite exceptional like most Edgar Church books. Assuming most of these books grade out at 9.0 - 9.4, where do you think the market goes with Planet Comics once these books start to filter in to the market?

I know any answers are speculative at best, but I am curious to hear others thoughts on this topic.

Warmest Regards,

Jason

Im assuming there's nothing to compare this against with another title? Some single owner holding the majority of a pedigree of a title and then selling them at once (or at least them coming to market in a relatively small window of a few months of auctions). I'd love to see the HA/CLINK fight for that auction right!

Most interesting to me would be the copies where there is not a ton of scarcity, but the pedigree copy would give collectors a big standout vs other (non-pedigree) high grade copies.

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 5:36 AM, comicjack said:

It always deserves a bump

102_5993_zpsxm1b77th.jpg

What grade is that planet 15? Looks like it says 9.0 but I can't see it all that clearly on my phone. Can't log in any other way 

1 minute ago, Artboy99_stilldoesntwork said:

What grade is that planet 15? Looks like it says 9.0 but I can't see it all that clearly on my phone. Can't log in any other way 

It's a 5.0

@Artboy99_stilldoesntwork