'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
20 20

3,813 posts in this topic

5,977 posts
10 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Gorgeous colors! Is the #40 from ComicConnect? I had a bid on the Hake's copy of #40, but bailed to divert my resources to the gators...

That was the Hake’s copy of 40. The 48 was CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,165 posts
48 minutes ago, Markentoth said:

My pickups from the ComicConnect auction:

Screenshot_20190316-195540.thumb.png.16c06b81edfe95a8174cbd358f279d5c.png

Screenshot_20190316-195556.thumb.png.8d7fa4fd530e1969050c33b7196e4c04.png

Screenshot_20190316-195609.thumb.png.2bde405e3fbd35b9a851ba5b245dc9d7.png

Screenshot_20190316-195625.thumb.png.74f73cbd1c0e3dd98671fb8c3411c020.png

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bScreenshot_20190316-195638.thumb.png.0cbae243a2f92af49f0661d630c06ddc.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

Screenshot_20190316-195650.thumb.png.40ec6bfd9143bd0763aa3b4e97ce29b7.png

You really gotta step up your game man. lol

That 9 has some great color!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,747 posts
8 hours ago, Markentoth said:

My pickups from the ComicConnect auction:

Screenshot_20190316-195540.thumb.png.16c06b81edfe95a8174cbd358f279d5c.png

Screenshot_20190316-195556.thumb.png.8d7fa4fd530e1969050c33b7196e4c04.png

Screenshot_20190316-195609.thumb.png.2bde405e3fbd35b9a851ba5b245dc9d7.png

Screenshot_20190316-195625.thumb.png.74f73cbd1c0e3dd98671fb8c3411c020.png

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bScreenshot_20190316-195638.thumb.png.0cbae243a2f92af49f0661d630c06ddc.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

Screenshot_20190316-195650.thumb.png.40ec6bfd9143bd0763aa3b4e97ce29b7.png

That is one beautiful grouping of Planets 😀.  Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,655 posts

Great pick ups @Markentoth! 15 is a tough one.  How close are you to completing the run now?

Boardies did very well in the CC auction.  Out of the 20 rivet issues sold, 15 are confirmed boardie purchases.  :applause:

Anyone here win 1, 12, 14, 19, or 20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,377 posts

So the Church Planet 9 (CGC 9.6) showed up on Worldwide’s site for a cool $15k. Not one of my favorite covers (I do have a CG 9.0), but any rivet Planet is always of interest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,825 posts
9 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Great pick ups @Markentoth! 15 is a tough one.  How close are you to completing the run now?

Boardies did very well in the CC auction.  Out of the 20 rivet issues sold, 15 are confirmed boardie purchases.  :applause:

Anyone here win 1, 12, 14, 19, or 20?

The 20 went for some decent money in my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,831 posts
2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

So the Church Planet 9 (CGC 9.6) showed up on Worldwide’s site for a cool $15k. Not one of my favorite covers (I do have a CG 9.0), but any rivet Planet is always of interest!

50% markup in 3 months?  Bold strategy, Cotton.  Let's see if it pays off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,655 posts
2 hours ago, comicjack said:

The 20 went for some decent money in my opinion 

Probably the biggest surprise of the auction for me.  7, 9, and 10 all went a bit higher than I would have guessed, but 20 was much, much higher than I would have guessed.  I’m glad I grabbed a copy a few months ago. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,238 posts
23 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Probably the biggest surprise of the auction for me.  7, 9, and 10 all went a bit higher than I would have guessed, but 20 was much, much higher than I would have guessed.  I’m glad I grabbed a copy a few months ago. :wink:

what grade was the 20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266 posts
7 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

what grade was the 20?

CGC 6.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,655 posts
Just now, SamPool said:

CGC 6.0.

And sold for $2,350! :whatthe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
503 posts
On 3/16/2019 at 8:24 PM, Markentoth said:

My pickups from the ComicConnect auction:

Screenshot_20190316-195540.thumb.png.16c06b81edfe95a8174cbd358f279d5c.png

Screenshot_20190316-195556.thumb.png.8d7fa4fd530e1969050c33b7196e4c04.png

Screenshot_20190316-195609.thumb.png.2bde405e3fbd35b9a851ba5b245dc9d7.png

Screenshot_20190316-195625.thumb.png.74f73cbd1c0e3dd98671fb8c3411c020.png

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bScreenshot_20190316-195638.thumb.png.0cbae243a2f92af49f0661d630c06ddc.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

Screenshot_20190316-195650.thumb.png.40ec6bfd9143bd0763aa3b4e97ce29b7.png

Congrats on the pickups! If you don’t mind me asking because I have no idea how to find past sales on Comicconnect, what did the #21 CGC 6.0 go for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,655 posts
31 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Congrats on the pickups! If you don’t mind me asking because I have no idea how to find past sales on Comicconnect, what did the #21 CGC 6.0 go for?

That copy sold for $1,445.

2 days later, a CGC 5.0 copy sold at auction on eBay for $1,370.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,655 posts
41 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Just picked up a nice mid grade PC #21. Didn’t realize just how rare some of these can be, but the art is awesome!

B32F90C9-6A85-46B0-8CE3-F74092D55658.jpeg

Congrats!  Nice pick up.  You can’t go wrong with a Zolnerowich rivet cover!

Here is mine.

12D40E89-37C1-42B7-A10F-2A0FA4CD4322.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
503 posts
1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

That copy sold for $1,445.

2 days later, a CGC 5.0 copy sold at auction on eBay for $1,370.

Interesting! Yeah I saw the 5.0 on eBay, but just figured the 6.0 would have hammered in around $2K. Based off the eBay sale seems like the 6.0 was a solid buy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266 posts
Just now, entalmighty1 said:

:cloud9:

Ha.. those where your books.:flipbait:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
20 20