• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a classic rock concert at Wizard World Chicago?
1 1

386 posts in this topic

.38 Special? Why are you trying to sabotage Roy's show? At least pick a good guitarist from a band that doesn't suck .

Carlisi is a great guitarist who wrote or co-wrote most of .38 Special's hits. Nobody plays the guitar quite like him, not flashy, but brilliant solos and he can play virtually anything. Check out his website and linked performances with Paul Rodgers.

He's also modest and a team player. :baiting:

Must be why he sucks.

I've got another request.

Is there a graphic designer with basic skills who wants to help out with making a simple flyer for the show?

I have a graphic and just need some basic info placed into a form that can be printed. Again, willing to pay in comics or monetary compensation, your choice.

If you're coming to the show, even better! I'll buy you a drink as well, as a show of appreciation!

Drop me a PM if interested.

Found one! Thank you ComicsAndCode :applause:

BTW, show time has changed to 9:15 PM because I need more time to show off my outfits.

Michael Schenker

:cloud9:

One of my long time guitar heroes.

Saw him play last year and he's sharper than ever.

Saw Schenker twice in UFO back in the 70's (killer performances both times). :headbang:

.38 Special? Why are you trying to sabotage Roy's show? At least pick a good guitarist from a band that doesn't suck .

Carlisi is a great guitarist who wrote or co-wrote most of .38 Special's hits. Nobody plays the guitar quite like him, not flashy, but brilliant solos and he can play virtually anything. Check out his website and linked performances with Paul Rodgers.

Must be why he sucks.

:boo:

Well, he may not be a flashy axeman, but 38 Special were a tighter unit with his spot-on leads... (thumbs u

There's nothing about this performance that sucks, IMO. :sorry:

Here Carlisi nails the Kossoff solo from All Right Now...

I feel like this is Spinal Tap 2

We'll drop greggy from the stage and call him Stonehenge.

You had me at "We'll drop greggy from the stage"

I'm feeling sorry for the fans in the mosh pit! :eek:

I can just imagine Roy's intro..

'Okay, now here's something from UFO, which featured one of my all-time favourite guitarists, Michael Schenker. For all of you comicbook geeks out in the audience there, it's a song about the current state of the back issue market, and it's called 'Too Hot to Handle'. '

Must be why he sucks.

Well, he may not be a flashy axeman, but 38 Special were a tighter unit with his spot-on leads... (thumbs u

.38 Special sucks. I couldn't change the channel fast enough, be it the radio or MTV.

Next!

I can just imagine Roy's intro..

'Okay, now here's something from UFO, which featured one of my all-time favourite guitarists, Michael Schenker. For all of you comicbook geeks out in the audience there, it's a song about the current state of the back issue market, and it's called 'Too Hot to Handle'. '

:roflmao:

That would probably precede his sales thread medley that starts with 'Doctor, Doctor' and segues into 'Rock Bottom'

.38 Special sucks. I couldn't change the channel fast enough, be it the radio or MTV.

Next!

I shudder to think who you were channeling when your knob twirling stopped, but that's kewl. hm

Must be why he sucks.

Next!

bat am i right to guess that you are north of the md line? im asking because in the south where i grew up what you are saying is blasphemy. i remember 38 at parties in high school. some awesome memories

Next!

I shudder to think who you were channeling when your knob twirling stopped, but that's kewl. hm

Your ham-fisted puns don't make sense to anyone under 60. TVs had knobs?

Anyway, the only knob whose buttons I've pushed is you. :headbang:

Must be why he sucks.

Next!

bat am i right to guess that you are north of the md line?

All my life (thumbs u

Next!

Your ham-fisted puns don't make sense to anyone under 60. TVs had knobs?

Anyway, the only knob whose buttons I've pushed is you. :headbang:

Looks like Stu has found another unbanned monicker. lol