• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a classic rock concert at Wizard World Chicago?
1 1

386 posts in this topic

I've had a few people inquire about this so I'll just post here to fill everyone in.

John Dolmayan decided last minute to pull together a rock music show for the San Diego Comic Con. I only heard about it a few days ago myself.

For those that didn't get the email, CGC sent out this email notification:

When Rock & Comics Collide! 
Another event you will want to check out  if you're in town:  CGC is proud to host the band Press, who will take the stage at the House of Blues on Thursday,7/19 at 11pm.   The band features John Dolmayan, the drummer for System of a Down and owner of Torpedo Comics, as well as  CGC’s own Matt Nelson on guitar. Franky Perez, the lead singer for Apocalyptica, joins them as vocalist for this rare appearance, as well as other guests. As a big thank-you for all the friends and customers who have made CGC a success, tickets are free (but in limited quantity.)  Visit CGC at booth #901 Thursday for access.  Note: only those those who are 18 yrs. and older will be admitted.  House of Blues San Diego is located at 1055 5th Avenue in the Gaslamp district. 

There are going to be a few other guests (for example, Franky's guitarist from one of his other bands is supposed to be there but I didn't see him at practice yesterday or today).

I'm going to sing a few songs as well.

Not sure if anyone else is going to show up.

There is room for about 200 people from what I understand so I hope you guys can make it to the House of Blues San Diego, Thursday 7/19 @ 11PM

This is a shot I took at practice today in LA. I have some video footage from practice but I don't want to ruin any surprises so I'll just say that I expect the show to be kick azz and hopefully everyone can make it for what will be another fun and memorable evening and a most unique Rock and Roll Comic Con experience.

402025659_Presspractice2018.thumb.jpg.e25e04e23e50081a10a7b36a56c87a73.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

1 minute ago, Awax said:

I’ll sing back up on any Scars on Broadway songs you all want to do.  :banana:

BTW, I think we were practicing in Shavo's studio. He let us into the building and we got to meet him.

Cool beans, for sure. 

From what I understand most tickets are now gone. It looks like we are going to have a sold out show.  :whatthe:

If you're looking for a pass you'll need to talk to CGC or John Dolmayan at the Torpedo Comics booth (where the vintage comics are - he also has a booth for trades but doens't hang there much)

There was talk of a few big name celebrities showing up (creators and musicians) in the audience but I don't want to spill any beans in case it doesn't happen.

This is getting exciting.

Doors open at 10PM and show starts at 11PM