• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman Trinity club! All-Star #8 - Sensation #1 - Wonder Woman #1
1 1

106 posts in this topic

Last 3 very recent sales on ComicConnect for an ALL STAR COMICS #8

5.5 (Sold in auction for $61,000)

minus 10% commission $6,100)

Seller keeps $54,900

5.0 (Sold on the exchange for $55,000)

minus 10% commission $5,500

Seller keeps $49,500

5.5 (Sold in auction yesterday for $69,001)

minus 10% commission $6,900)

Seller keeps $62,100

As8 cgc 2.0 $32,000

NOVEMBER 2016 UPDATE : Recent sales for ALL STAR COMICS #8

Seller keeps $54,900

Seller keeps $49,500

5.5 (Sold in auction for $69,001)

Seller keeps $62,100

4.0 Slightly Brittle (Sold at auction for $31,070)

minus 10% commission $3,107

Seller Keeps $27,963

1.8 Cr/ow (Sold on Auction for $27,485)

minus 10% commission $2,748

Seller keeps $24,736

1.5 C/ow (Sold on Auction $28,320

minus 10% commission $2,832

Seller keeps $25,488

2.0 Cr/Ow (Sold via our board for $32,450 ???)

Sold by Spiderturtle.....sale price needs to be confirmed .

Last sale (November 2016) :

1.5 Cr/ow (Sold on Auction $17,925)

minus 10% commission $1,792

Seller keeps $16,132

Edited by The_investor

December 16th UPDATE : Recent sales for ALL STAR COMICS #8

Seller keeps $54,900

Seller keeps $49,500

5.5 (Sold in auction for $69,001)

Seller keeps $62,100

4.0 Slightly Brittle (Sold at auction for $31,070)

minus 10% commission $3,107

Seller Keeps $27,963

1.8 Cr/ow (Sold on Auction for $27,485)

minus 10% commission $2,748

Seller keeps $24,736

1.5 C/ow (Sold on Auction $28,320

minus 10% commission $2,832

Seller keeps $25,488

2.0 Cr/Ow (Sold via our board for $32,450 ???)

Sold by Spiderturtle.....sale price needs to be confirmed .

November 2016 :

1.5 Cr/ow (Sold on Auction $17,925)

minus 10% commission $1,792

Seller keeps $16,132

December 2016:

2.0 OW/W (Sold on Auction $31,001)

minus 10% commission $3,100

Seller keeps $27,900

Second last sale December 14th 2016:

4.5 Cr/ow (Auction price $54,555) Old label...possibility for an upgrade

minus 10% commission $5,455

Seller keeps $ 49,099

Last sale December 16th 2016:

4.5 Cr/ow (Exchange price reduced to $47,500)

minus 10% commission $4,750

Seller keeps $42,750

The_Investor

Edited by The_investor

Nice copies of each just listed on ComicLink

Wow ! All 3 books sold within hours.

I'm certain that the buyers of these books were the under bidders from the recent Comic Connect and Ha.com auctions. Do you recall that the same thing happened with FF 52 (9.8). These are quick and guaranteed sales if the same grades get posted within days of one of big auctions.

One thing I did notice is how All Star Comics #8 (4.5) Cr-ow sold at a discount yesterday (- $7,000 ) just two days after the same book sold on CC for a higher price. (And a second larger drop in price for another very recent sale of a lower graded copy on Ha.com) In all fairness, the ComicConnect copy (4.5) that sold December 14th was an Old Label and I'm certain it could get upgraded to a 5.0...and for this reason it went for a little higher. However, the upgrade is not guaranteed...it's still a risk.

After analyzing the stats and the individual books themselves I believe that prices for lower to mid grade copies of All Star #8's have hit a plateau (a top) for now. Whether or not prices will continue going down preceding the movie release (which is usually the case) we have yet to see.

Summary:

1) Prices for low -mid grade All Star Comics #8 have hit a top for now;

2) Some evidence points to the fact that lower graded copies (public sales and private) have started coming down as of lately with some grades correcting more than expected.

Edited by The_investor

Here's my entry attempt. Bought it off the boards a few years ago. Glad to have something, especially before the book exploded like it did.

Had it with someone to get restored, but opted against it.

20161216_203047_zpsrbqrotcc.jpg

Nice as it is

Nice copies of each just listed on ComicLink

Wow ! All 3 books sold within hours.

I'm certain that the buyers of these books were the under bidders from the recent Comic Connect and Ha.com auctions. Do you recall that the same thing happened with FF 52 (9.8). These are quick and guaranteed sales if the same grades get posted within days of one of big auctions.

One thing I did notice is how All Star Comics #8 (4.5) Cr-ow sold at a discount yesterday (- $7,000 ) just two days after the same book sold on CC for a higher price. (And a second larger drop in price for another very recent sale of a lower graded copy on Ha.com) In all fairness, the ComicConnect copy (4.5) that sold December 14th was an Old Label and I'm certain it could get upgraded to a 5.0...and for this reason it went for a little higher. However, the upgrade is not guaranteed...it's still a risk.

After analyzing the stats and the individual books themselves I believe that prices for lower to mid grade copies of All Star #8's have hit a plateau (a top) for now. Whether or not prices will continue going down preceding the movie release (which is usually the case) we have yet to see.

Summary:

1) Prices for low -mid grade All Star Comics #8 have hit a top for now;

2) Some evidence points to the fact that lower graded copies (public sales and private) have started coming down as of lately with some grades correcting more than expected.

All of your posts equate to me as sour grapes for someone (you) who was publicly looking for an All-Star #8 on these boards. Did you acquire one? I'm going to make a calculated guess and say no. And while you have provided accurate public sales data, you have no accountable knowledge of private sales and so your conclusions are weak because you don't have all of the facts. But what's even worse is that you make your conclusions above with certainty, again without all of the relevant information to make any of these conclusions. Your opening statement above is that you are "certain that the buyers of these books were the under bidders from the recent Comic Connect and Ha.com auctions." Can you please confirm that you know the "buyers"? Were you aware that one buyer bought all three books from CL? If not, then you "certainly" can't know this individual's motivations for buying them. I believe (which is a much more relevant word to use when you don't have all of the facts) that the buyer of all three books saw the prices achieved on CC and decided that the prices were fair enough on these WW keys that they decided to buy all three. And since it was a package deal, it skews what the individual price is for each book. After all if you make a deal on three books for a single price, there is some negotiation in what was paid for each as long as the final number is achieved, regardless of what the numbers say on CL.

You also go on to say that the "the ComicConnect copy (4.5) that sold December 14th was an Old Label and I'm certain it could get upgraded to a 5.0." How are you certain? Did you have the book in hand? Again, I believe you did not because it was in a private collection for many years and the consignor was not public on these boards for some time. Upon closer inspection of a larger scan (I was only aware of a small scan in the past), I'm not so "certain" that it would upgrade, but maybe it will. But if you took a moment to step away from your certainty and asked more questions, maybe you'd think about this further. Don't you think an auction house, especially one of CC's caliber, that earns its money on the commission of the sale, would strongly recommend a press/resub on a book, especially of this caliber, if they were "certain" that it would upgrade? Otherwise they are leaving money on the table, which is against both their financial interests and those of the consignor.

Summary:

Spouting a bunch of opinions without all of the relevant data and information and saying you are "certain" about them, only undermines your arguments rather than supports them.

Dem1138

I appreciate your response and inaccurate point of view about me. You're passing a judgement call on me without even knowing what facts I'm in possession of :) I sense that you're a very passionate individual and I appreciate that very much ...you could have simply inquired nicely about my fact- checking or simply send me an PM to further discuss the matter and I would have shared where I got some of my facts.

I do agree with you on one thing. I do not know if the buyers were the under bidders from the other auctions. I apologize if I used the word "Certainty" when I was really trying to steer the discussion towards the idea that after an auction there tends to be the same grade that gets posted up for sale days later. The point that I was trying to get across was... without the emotions and pressures of bidding up a book with little to no time to think during the last minutes of an auction the opposite occurs when the same grade comes up for sale with a "Buy it Now" or "Make an offer".Here the book tends to gravitate to a lower price.

I offered facts about books that were sold publicly and one on the boards. However, I am also aware of a few other private sales but I did not add them to the list because, although the sources were credible, there was no way I could prove the prices that were paid (4 private sales that I know of- one sold at the average price but doesn't really count because it was traded for cash, books and another collectible ....my friend and I were the ones who paid the cash, books, etc...for it. Another one sold at the average price and the remaining two sold slightly lower). I decided not to post this information up because it would be irresponsible of me doing so without the proof in my hands, however I still took them into account overall.

I simply want to share what I know with other good willed board members who can add info and fill in the gaps needed. At least this is what I thought an online community was all about?

With the utmost respect,

A

Edited by The_investor