• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nickel City Con August 13th & 14th Buffalo Convention Center

6 posts in this topic

We're less than a week away from the 1st ever Nickel City Con at the Buffalo Convention Center in downtown Buffalo. Tickets are an amazingly low $15 each! Come meet comic legends Neal Adams & Arthur Suydam along with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D's Brett Dalton and the cast of AMC's Comic Book Men. CGC will also be on hand taking submissions as well as witnessing for Signature Series books. Don't wait and visit Nickelcitycon.com today as tickets are going fast!

I made it out yesterday. I didn't stick around too long however here are my thoughts:

Not well attended (hopefully thise who set up did ok)

well priced books non of the 6x market on books that don't deserve a bump.

Some awesome books in the room specifically Adam (filter81) and dacard.

I glazed over the trinket booths

Um beer at 12 that's new to me for cons.

yes on display were a action comics #1 restored 1.5 condition (with a price tag of 500k, , a detective comics #27, batman #1.

I heard that Mike carbonaro was buying a woman out of something like 200 short boxes misc lot of silver aged stuff. saw walt Flanagan (comic book men) neal adams, greg the hammer valentine, sean astin (had a few people in line signing things and the guest of honor rick flair (whhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo) and did listed to one of the panels with him talking. some cosplay. spent $12 to get in $5 to park and nothing once I got in the doors but since I purchase to flip kind of figured as much. maybe the buffalo comic con in sept will be better. I understand that next years dave and adams show will be moved to may and feature 3 days of show and William shatner as the guest of honor. cant say i'd be more interested in attending anything more than 1/2 of an afternoon at a con like I attended today. But at least it was a nice diversion

It was nice to have CGC there. I dropped off quite a few boxes for grading and it was great not having to pack them all up for shipping to FL.

Yes, pretty much any show that has CGC set up, should have a good effect on attendance.

What was the attendance like???

Iceman seems to be saying it wasn't very well attended?

I totally missed out on this show, this thread is the first I'm even hearing about it...but Nickelcity's site does have some decent name guests shown prominently but you never know with first time shows.

The booth prices for 10x10's were very good though...$100 for a 10x10 aisle booth and $150 for a10x10 corner booth?...Huh??

Hell, I have some Dark Horse 90's Ray Parks Darth Maul photo covers in my $10 boxes...solid 9.8 candidates, I could have pulled those and had em CGC SS'd.....haha. ( I actually would have done this). :shy: