• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman: The Killing Joke cover art

85 posts in this topic

The page, definitely. Go ahead and read it. Panels 3 and 4... whoa.

Also, on the page, there is a tie in to the opening and closing of the book.

The cover would creep me out too much if it were hanging up. Perhaps you forget what he is doing with that camera?

Attached is a scan of the page from the comic. I haven't yet received the actual page but I will scan it once I receive it. So excited!!!! Again, a big thank you to my friends on the board who helped me with this.

163852.jpg.bb98c1ee33b8e66c140390c3b732ec5c.jpg

When someone says "The Killing Joke", what's the first image you picture? The cover.

Agreed. However – for collectors / more "serious" fans – I'd bet when someone says "Joker", the panel page image is often what they recall.

That's a decent point actually. I think, as far as panel pages go (and someone else said it too), you'd be hard pressed to find anything better.

I think the page and the cover would be pretty even odds at auction as to which finishes higher. They would probably finish fairly close.

One thing I am not sure if people are forgetting, but that panel is probably the most commonly licensed Joker image since its creation and has appeared on everything. It's far more than just a page. Hell, It's even the cover to the Batman Noir version of The Killing Joke that just released.

I would take the page over the cover any day of the week and it wouldn't even be close.