• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Rebirth Foil variants

18 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me why the Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman foil covers are going for such high prices? There are a bunch of variants for each and a high print run for all the #1 books.

Anyone think these will drop in price? If so, by a little? A lot?

Kind of kicking myself for not getting these now.

If you look over the scanned copies of the SDCC DC Foil Variants on eBay you will see a majority of them appear to have defects. It is caused by a direct reflection of light when using a scanner on foil covers. If you compare them to the ones that were photographed with a camera you'll notice how much sharper they appear.

I also believe I see problems with the lower front corner - that book is in bad shape.

Wow. That book is a mess. :o

These books have spine dings out the wazoo. The WW one I had I immediately sold 'cause I was bummed out by the spine dings. Think the print run was 2.5k and I think they level off around $70 raw.

I like your optimism, but I'm hoping $50 or less.

If you look over the scanned copies of the SDCC DC Foil Variants on eBay you will see a majority of them appear to have defects. It is caused by a direct reflection of light when using a scanner on foil covers. If you compare them to the ones that were photographed with a camera you'll notice how much sharper they appear.

:bump:

This was discussed in Comics general

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9502494#Post9502494

Don't bother getting them now.

Prices are ridiculous and you can purchase them for about $10 from Graphitti Designs soon. Every SDCC / DC Comics exclusive cover eventually shows up on the site. It's not there now but will be soon --

http://graphittidesigns.com/

Look under DC EXCLUSIVES ---> CON COLLECTIBLES

Prices are ridiculous and you can purchase them for about $10 from Graphitti Designs soon. Every SDCC / DC Comics exclusive cover eventually shows up on the site. It's not there now but will be soon --

I've been checking everyday since SDCC.....

And I'll keep checking. You'd think it would have shown up by now.

I mean, is it possible they completely sold out of them? I did not check the booth out on Sunday, so I dont know what their stock looked like.

I mean, is it possible they completely sold out of them? I did not check the booth out on Sunday, so I dont know what their stock looked like.

Batman and Wonder Woman sold out

The last two years the DC SDCC exclusives have not been made available on Graphite Designs.

Where is the Black Canary #1 from last year? or the Jim Lee action figure or Bizarro dog? Not there. Never updated.

Don't rely on Graphite.

(I don't have any foil copies :o )

The last two years the DC SDCC exclusives have not been made available on Graphite Designs.

Where is the Black Canary #1 from last year? or the Jim Lee action figure or Bizarro dog? Not there. Never updated.

Don't rely on Graphite.

(I don't have any foil copies :o )

Graphite Designs? Bizarro Dog? Alternate universe much?

In any case, if it's not on GRAPHITTI DESIGNS it's on eBay. If you're patient, you can get the items you're looking for cheaper later on rather than when they were originally listed. Just look at the price drop on some items from SDCC 2015.

BATMAN / JIM LEE ACTION FIGURE - last few figures sold for under $35. Prior to that, during SDCC 2015, the prices were in the three digit range.

There's no point in paying through the nose now unless you enjoy being ripped off now. Sometimes you have to play the waiting game.