• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

issue 10 and 11 I don't have so fifties can help me out for those, and here's 12 and 13 to finish the run.

I never saw any reason to pick up any Purple Claw's so if you have some please show us.

Tales of Horror12.jpg

Tales of Horror13.jpg

I don't have 9, 10, or 11 either.  IIRC, they were Purple Claw reprints, and as such not horror fare, so no interest to me in collecting them.

7 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Tales of Horror 8 is a huge book. 

Purple Claw is so unloved but there's some fun stuff going on in there. Purple Claw 2 has a Spider Lady story that's kind of neat. Actually @Jayman is PC 2 on your spider web list?

Yessiree buddy, thanks for the heads up though!

Just got about 4 more to go (that I'm aware of) two being htf $$$ books...

The%20Purple%20Claw%20%202_zpsflhnyj3b.j

2 hours ago, Haunted Thrills said:

Hello everyone, first time posting here and this is the place for me because I am a pre-code fanatic!
I love Tales of Horror #5 and a few of the stories inside.
I have a few original art pages from the story "Hand of Fate" drawn by Moe Marcus.  I really like his work.

toh-handoffate-marcus1.jpg

Very cool! Welcome to the boards! :applause:

12 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Tales of Horror 8 is a huge book. 

Purple Claw is so unloved but there's some fun stuff going on in there. Purple Claw 2 has a Spider Lady story that's kind of neat. Actually @Jayman is PC 2 on your spider web list?

I seem to remember a great splash page as well?Yep,I went and checked,image from CBplus.

I don't get the huge love for ToH 8-used to seem pretty common to me.Wish I kept my undercopies when I upgraded!Also,am I nuts in remembering there is a cover swipe similar,with a purple background?Anyone? @Jayman

I remember it withe the snake facing the opposite direction,with the building on the right side of the page.Maybe I'm mixing it together with the corner image on issue three?It's driving me nuts,and I have no idea where the book I am thinking of is.

3 (1).jpg

Edited by porcupine48

On 9/19/2018 at 2:20 PM, Robot Man said:

Nice run fifties. I can't show mine because it isn't complete. I'm only missing one but it is "the big one". Odds are good my run will stay incomplete...:sorry:

Bob,I've looked and looked for my other complete copy until my heart breaks.If I ever find it again,you can just have it.I think someone 'lost' it on me.