• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I’m not a big ACG horror fan but I just couldn’t leave this in a box at Torpedo for $20...

06785161-1185-483B-8DFF-274A48B9C55E.jpeg

I've got incomplete runs of the 4 ACG horror titles.  They would normally have 3 sappy ending stories, and one good one, which made up for the other 3, lol.  Given their relatively lower prices vs other PCH, they are a decent deal.

13 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Many moons and cold nights have past since they haunted my collection, but now this trio of horror have finally returned to my dark grasp - encased within their supernatural plastic tombs!

20190821_132226.jpg

Niiiiice!There's a few Canadian editions in folks hands here of that A.M. and I want one SO BAD!And that thing is likely my fave Ditko cover of all time.

The bump worked!It's UNDEAD!

Edited by porcupine48

9 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Niiiiice!There's a few Canadian editions in folks hands here of that A.M. and I want one SO BAD!And that thing is likely my fave Ditko cover of all time.

The bump worked!It's UNDEAD!

The Thing cover is by far one of the best comic book covers of any age - everything just works and is balanced so well on it (layout, focus, colors, type etc). I would love to get another copy of it, but they are always snagged up quickly.

The Amazing Mysteries is the one out of these three that I might be selling in the near future, so i'll keep you posted when that happens if you were interested :)

15 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

This thread should be more  alive or  I guess undead, here's my copies need a WOF # 3 to finish the run every copy I find were beyond beat!

amazing mysteries 32 001.jpg

the thing!15 001.jpg

Nice! Those look so good and most certainly would grade higher than my copies. Good luck with Worlds of Fear #3 though, that one does seem to be very elusive in any condition above 3.0 (I have only ever seen beat up copies for auction recently, there are some on comic connect, ebay and a few other places...but all look like they were chewed up by Ditkos worm). My copy is one of the top three in the census now (only one copy at 9.0, and then another at 7.5 but that one is universal grade)

On 7/17/2019 at 2:31 PM, fifties said:

I've got incomplete runs of the 4 ACG horror titles.  They would normally have 3 sappy ending stories, and one good one, which made up for the other 3, lol.  Given their relatively lower prices vs other PCH, they are a decent deal.

Exactly. I have quite a few ACGs. But very spotty. There are a few real good ones but the covers and stories have always left me flat. I pick them up when they turn up cheap and I don’t have them. Stars are the same way for me. Great LB Cole covers but rather weak inside other than the occasional Disbrow story. Other than those two titles, I am pretty complete PCH wise. 

5 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

The Amazing Mysteries is the one out of these three that I might be selling in the near future, so i'll keep you posted when that happens if you were interested :)

I'm going to hold out for a Canadian copy I think,but thank you!(likely a little more affordable,and I'm a Canuck eh?)

A little Walking Dead to keep on track

!!!!!0.jpg

28 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Nice issue mines got someone's math homework on it.

witches tales1 001.jpg

Did you know there's a Spanish language,I think Mexican edition out there?I believe they were released at the same time as well.Identical,pretty much.

ps I've always thought the gravedigger looked Mr Hyde-ish.

Edited by porcupine48

21 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

Here's a couple of Hillman 15 cent books.

monster crime 001.jpg

crime must stop 001.jpg

Ha ha- I clicked on a notification for this post thinking it was a sales thread. When I saw these books, I nearly had a seizure I been searching for them forever.  So I was thrilled when I saw there was no :takeit:  

Oh well- someday. 

Awesome books, so super tuff in nice shape! 

44 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Ha ha- I clicked on a notification for this post thinking it was a sales thread. When I saw these books, I nearly had a seizure I been searching for them forever.  So I was thrilled when I saw there was no :takeit:  

Oh well- someday. 

Awesome books, so super tuff in nice shape! 

Sorry about that, I purchased a lot of these books in the 90's after being heavily influenced by Tales To Terrible to Tell by NEC pub.