• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

Really stoked about this one: Hand of Fate #25 (B). Yep, there were two no. 25's in this run, and this one also turned out to be the last issue and the tougher of the two to find! These lucky souls are getting a second lease on life thanks to the mysterious 'Unknown. This is my second favorite cover featuring the Ace character. The cover is almost a 'swipe' of Amazing Mysteries #32 IMHO. Very 'moody'.

Hand%20of%20Fate%2025b_zpsk9a1xlju.jpg

I am collecting this series, did not know any of this. Thanks for the info and great find! Love those moody/eerie covers :cloud9:

Thanks Stupor. It's a really great read too. Because i like to write, i can get very descriptive and wordy in my posts. Sometimes i'm thinking "Maybe they know this stuff already, don't go into details just post the dang pic". lol

I like reading every story with every pic i check out. Because, hey you might discover something. Glad there's another like me!

Great post ! :applause:

This one is more along the lines of Pre-Pre-Code Horror. I like how it shows that not much has changed in the 114 years since it was published: skeletons and skulls will always be cool.

image.jpg

Very cool, undoubtedly the oldest book posted in the Undead thread. Any inside illustrations or is the interior all text?

It took me FOREVER to upgrade mine;

dphizl.jpg

5561857624_7ab8aca42e_b.jpg

I think there was one in the pile I got...

Where's Waldo?

That Haunted Thrills is super underated along with the recap cover with the goat witch stirring the cauldron.

BB, that is one dang sexy pile o comics!!

It took me FOREVER to upgrade mine;

dphizl.jpg

5561857624_7ab8aca42e_b.jpg

I think there was one in the pile I got...

Where's Waldo?

That Haunted Thrills is super underated along with the recap cover with the goat witch stirring the cauldron.

BB, that is one dang sexy pile o comics!!

The tissue box in the upper right is empty due to all the tears of joy wiping.

BB, where did you score this pile of awesome? I must've missed it first time around.