• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

Everything left all past my max bids. I seem to do better in the the earlier part of multi-day auctions, as it seems like people start going higher on later books after being outbid on earlier ones.

Prices do seem really strong tonight...

$15,000 for a Pep 34 6.0? Someone REALLY must want that book....WOW!

IMHO That book is 'entering' Suspense 3, Fantastic 5, Punch 12, Tec 31 territory. It's showing no signs of slowing up.

I think you are right. And with only three copies graded higher, I think that's a reasonable price for someone (and there were at least two!) who wanted a nice looking copy.

And all three houses have sold a copy this year (if i'm right) and all with strong results. I think Gino was the most recent 'known' Boardie to snag a copy. Bet you're feeling real good about that buddy :baiting:

I can't get over that almost 14k price of Superman 199 with about an hour left. Mind blowing.

Jeepers. Has the world gone mad!!??!!??

Looks like anything nice is now out of reach for an ordinary collector.

Every morning when I look in the mirror, my arms are shorter.

I can't get over that almost 14k price of Superman 199 with about an hour left. Mind blowing.

lol

When I first heard 14K for a Superman #199, I figured someone finally found a 9.8. But nope, just one of the 4 9.6 copies. doh!

Everything left all past my max bids. I seem to do better in the the earlier part of multi-day auctions, as it seems like people start going higher on later books after being outbid on earlier ones.

:whee:

:whee:

Buyer or seller? Either way, congrats!!

When I first heard 14K for a Superman #199, I figured someone finally found a 9.8. But nope, just one of the 4 9.6 copies. doh!

18K now

Hammer. $19,750. Whoa!

143ksk called it right on the nose when I asked him about the book at Chicago. Not a surprising result, really

No, it was there below the 8.0 up until tonight.

143ksk called it right on the nose when I asked him about the book at Chicago. Not a surprising result, really

i had figured 12k or so. 15001 wasn't enough to get it