• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Books Stores in Denver

37 posts in this topic

We have a few local shows in North Florida and they are lucky to have two or three comic book dealers.

I'm an independent comic creator. There were probably 5 others there selling primarilly comics. There were two comic shops set up to sell. Two more toy stores. I suppose it's the same ratio as a bigger con, but its amazing how little the con was related to comics.

I went today with my son. The atmosphere was lots of fun, plenty of cosplay...and VERY few comics. Several places had a few boxes of $1 moderns. One place had a few dozen good silver age. One place had the most beat-up copies of ASM 1, DD 1, Av 1 I've ever seen, and one place had a 1.0-1.5 ASM 1 bagged as "NM".

3/4 of the booths were just people selling sci fi art prints. CGC and a four-letter competitor were there, but not a lot of action at either station, as far as people bringing books in for grading.

I'm glad I went, and I had fun with my son. But for comics...not so much.

That Fort Collins Con was really bad for comics. Definitely Cosplay, but virtually nothing for comics.

I Want More Comics is a solid place.

CCC is good to and is relatively on the way until the slopes.

I would avoid Mile High. Prices are ridiculous.

Patrick

I looked at the list of vendors for the Fort Collins con and didn't see a single comic vendor so I didn't waste my time or money.

Denver had a few guys there, Terry, RTS, Harley sent his alt stock, but pickins were slim. I walked out with one book I had already arranged with Harley. I prefer the old days of 15 dealers in a seedy hotel room.

If you are going to stop at Mile High, you might want to signup for their newsletter. They are constantly having a codeword sale and the codeword works in person. For instance, right now the codeword is for 60% off. This codeword does not apply to new comics, a few variants, books, and CGC-graded comics.

Or if you dont want to signup, just shoot me a PM the day before and I wil send you the latest newsletter/codeword.

If you are going to stop at Mile High, you might want to signup for their newsletter. They are constantly having a codeword sale and the codeword works in person. For instance, right now the codeword is for 60% off. This codeword does not apply to new comics, a few variants, books, and CGC-graded comics.

Or if you dont want to signup, just shoot me a PM the day before and I wil send you the latest newsletter/codeword.

Thanks! I will take you up on that.

A general question:

Is Colorado a good place for Back Issues( other then Mile High)?

Very few Buyers are from CO.

CAL hm

I haven't hit all the comic stores in Colorado, but have hit a few. In general back issues are pretty limited in CO. Bronze is available at several stores, but bronze material is common place almost everywhere. Silver age is available but pretty limited and GA is almost non-existent. Probable the best stores are Hailey's Comics in Ft Collins and Time Warp in Boulder.

As far as buyers, I actually think there are several decent collectors in CO.

I made it to Mile High on Jason St. The store is over whelming is size and tons of comics. I was able to pick up the four missing Starmans I was missing to complete my run and was able to use the coupon that LoneTree was kind us enough to send me. I didn't look through many of the boxes but it seems that just about any non-key book from the 80 to current was available. My brother is a webhead and was disappointed in the selection of silver age Amazings available onsite.

The prices were all over the place. One of the Starmans I bought had three copies in the box with prices ranging from 5 to 12 dollars and no difference in condition. There were a couple of nice books in the front case but very few graded books. The majority of the nicer books were sequestered some where and had to be viewed online.

Overall a neat experience. The family loved exploring the store. Maybe I can visit the other stores on the list on my next visit to Colorado.