• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remaining DC Digests I have is up for Sale.

15 posts in this topic

1.) :takeit: or PM's whatever comes first.

2.) Probation or Hosers are NOT allowed.

3.) Will only ship to U.S.A and Puerto Rico.

4.) Books will be mailed on Saturday's only.

5.) Payment Method: Paypal.

6.) Buyers will pay for shipping cost of $18 Priority Mail Box including Signature Confirmation and insurance.

Hi everyone I have sold more than half of my digests. I'll be updating this thread of the remaining digests I have. What ever is left will be going to an auction site that will put those ugly stickers on the back of the books.

If I may, Vane, those of you looking at this should seriously consider them. These prices are criminally low, and if I had the funds and the time, I would buy these all. As many of you know, these books weren't collected like regular comics of the time, and there will never be hundreds, or even dozens, of 9.8s on the census for any of these....and we're talking about popular characters from DC, many of which contain original stories not found anywhere else.

It amazes me that people will run around paying thousands of dollars for the latest "hot manufactured rarity", but books that are naturally rare, due to time and (lack of) demand are ignored.

Vane didn't pay me...I just think these are wonderful examples of a niche part of the hobby that would be very richly rewarding to pursue.

If I may, Vane, those of you looking at this should seriously consider them. These prices are criminally low, and if I had the funds and the time, I would buy these all. As many of you know, these books weren't collected like regular comics of the time, and there will never be hundreds, or even dozens, of 9.8s on the census for any of these....and we're talking about popular characters from DC, many of which contain original stories not found anywhere else.

It amazes me that people will run around paying thousands of dollars for the latest "hot manufactured rarity", but books that are naturally rare, due to time and (lack of) demand are ignored.

Vane didn't pay me...I just think these are wonderful examples of a niche part of the hobby that would be very richly rewarding to pursue.

Thank you for the kind words.

Of all the digests I have sold from my run, the Adventure Comics Digests hit me the hardest. I sold #491 thru #503. Especially the #500 issue. I know there's no way I'm ever going to find another 9.8. I really missed those books, but I know it went to a good home.

I have asked CGC and CBCS about that and been told there is no plan to ever grade treasuries. They both said the same thing, the format is too limited as treasuries were only produced over a short period of time. I think you know what grade yours are in lol.