• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Quinn self titled most sought after variants

60 posts in this topic

Oh, and for the record, I just received the Ashley witter variant from AoD Collectibles and I sent a msg with my payment asking for the best book they could send. I DO however understand that these sellers have a ton of orders to fill for ppl all asking for the best books, so when I receive a book with a 2mm CREASE THAT barely BREAKS COLOR, i'm super happy. Have some realistic expectations. If you're relying on someone elses eye, it may never appease your needs. It's the downside of not being able to pick it out yourself, but STILL being able to get a book you want.

Also, I wasn't a fan of thir packaging, but It got to me in great shape so A+ for them!

I agree I don't like the Puddin' variant either. I love Turner's work and I don't approve of the alterations. They should have kept the sketch cover as the rare one and kept it at that. Instead they pumped up the print runs on the color and the sketch and made the worst looking cover the rare one. meh.

My prediction has come to fruition that the pink Del Otto variant is now the most valuable from the new series. Kind of saw that one coming. It's the rarest, it looks nice, and it's from a popular artist. That one has been ranging from $180-$220 lately while the Puddin' variant has dropped significantly.

Keep an eye on the latest Ashley Witter variant. It almost snuck by me. They did the color/b&w with the usual 3000/1500 print runs. However, now they also did what they are calling "hybrid" color picture of Harley with a b&w background. It is limited to 1000. They are only $15 if you buy directly from the seller's ebay store. The seller is AOD Collectables. It is a Canadian seller so shipping is more than normal and delivery time isn't great but the price seems good for a nice looking cover and low print run.

I have heard a ton of complaints about AOD. I like the book, but skeptical to deal with them.

I just received my Harley Quinn and All-Star Batman variants from them today. The books were packaged very well and are in great shape. They're a bit slow to ship. That's my only complaint about them.

First time ordering from them and received the Ashley Witter Harley books from them this week. Well packaged and they refunded a portion of my shipping costs. No complaints here.

The biggest question I have right now is whether I should sell my Puddin, Dell'Otto pink, Artgerm line art, etc. variants now while prices are high, or hold onto them in case they run up like the Hughes #1 did?

If any of them are going to run I think it's the Dell'Otto pink. It's the rarest and it's a nice looking cover. The last couple that I saw sold for around $300 ungraded. I submitted my two in Baltimore this weekend. Now I have the long wait to see how they grade.

If any of them are going to run I think it's the Dell'Otto pink. It's the rarest and it's a nice looking cover. The last couple that I saw sold for around $300 ungraded. I submitted my two in Baltimore this weekend. Now I have the long wait to see how they grade.

It is not techincally any rarer than the Legacy Line Art variant or the Aspen Puddin Pack variant. They are all limited to 1000. Bulletproof might have stated they would have 800 after damages, but it was still printed to at least 1000 and they were all distributed to them. So, unless they just threw out 200 copies straight into the garbage, then they all were printed the same.

I think saying that they are "expecting 200 copies damaged" is just a marketing ploy. There is no guarantee and they didn't show that they did have 200 damaged.

Give it a few months and the comic will cool off and return back to regular price. Then they'll be more affordable.........

Did anyone ever find out what the print run was on the Legacy line art variant? I found it really annoying that they wouldn't say. I was assuming around 1000 but that is a guess.

I agree that the 800 number for the Bulletproof variant seems like a marketing ploy. That's the number that is out there though and most people seem to be running with it whether it's true or not. Perception is greater than fact some times.

I visited the Bulletproof booth in Baltimore and spoke with the owner. He's a very nice guy. I picked up five more of the Del Otto b&w variants of Batman 1 on Sunday. He was going to let me pick out my copies. I told him he probably has a better eye for that than I do. He took the time to carefully go through all the ones he brought and pick the nicest five which I thought was very cool of him. I got them signed by Finch and King. Hopefully there are at least a couple 9.8s in there.

Hank brought the last 200 to Baltimore, they were 9.4/9.6 at best. I dug through and picked up 2 sets. The worst copies however were around a 9.2

Dang. Oh well, still a nice looking book and will look even better slabbed with the signatures.

I love Hughes and enjoy Quinn.

But I have never been a huge fan of the Quinn Hughes #1.

I know I'm in the minority.

I'll likely never own one because it's not worth the price tag to me.

Patrick

It is strange how different people think about things. I'm not a "variant guy" and not an AH fanboy either (meaning, I don't seek out his stuff he

s worked on just b/c he worked on it).

But liked the Harley #1 variant so much I actually bought one a few years back (CGC 9.6) off a FB forum no less. Got lucky grabbing it before the big price run-up, I guess. (shrug)

I'd like to get a copy of the Supergirl 23 variant he did as well (I think it's phenomenal!), but I'm not willing to pay what it takes.

The 9.8 Pink variant auction ended at $965 last night! I submitted two of them. Here's hoping I can pull at least one 9.8 out of those. Heck even raw though that book is around $350.

Don't get too hyped, a 1st to market sale usually is a peak, and the later ones will sell for less. This is NOT the next Hughes Harley #1.

The 9.8 Pink variant auction ended at $965 last night! I submitted two of them. Here's hoping I can pull at least one 9.8 out of those. Heck even raw though that book is around $350.

Don't get too hyped, a 1st to market sale usually is a peak, and the later ones will sell for less. This is NOT the next Hughes Harley #1.

Time will tell on that. I'm leaning ever so slightly toward yes, it will be the next Hughes. Dell'Otto and Harley are two of the hottest trends right now. Not saying its a sure thing, but has the potential.

Jerome

How many Hughes Harley's are there. And honestly, I like this cover way better.

Hank brought the last 200 to Baltimore, they were 9.4/9.6 at best. I dug through and picked up 2 sets. The worst copies however were around a 9.2

Unfortunately you were correct sir. My grades posted today. Four 9.6s and one 9.4. I was hoping for at least one 9.8. Dang. Kind of wishing I would have picked the regular cover instead of the "b&w" which is actually more orange than anything. I picked the b&w because the print run was half as much but the regular one looks better.

On a happier note I pulled four 9.8's on my regular cover #1s that I had signed and one 9.4.

Waiting for grades to be posted is fun yet excruciating. Fortunately they are being graded faster than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting them until at least next month. First time I've done this. I think it could be addicting.