• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond Retailer Summit Exclusives

32 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on what will be the most sought after exclusives from the Diamond Retailer Summit in Baltimore this week?

Not sure how many there are but here are a few I see on eBay:

Revolution (IDW)

Suicide Squad (Harley Quinn Cover)

Animosity

The Fallen (Marvel Civil War II)

The Accused (Marvel Civil War II)

The animosity exclusive has seemed to be selling really well.

I spoke with the Aftershock staff at the show today and they both stated that the Retailer Summit Exclusive is a first printing. Apparently taking part in the Summit with Animosity was in the works for quite some time because they stated it hit the press the same time the standard issue did, so it is indeed a first print by Aftershocks account. They also stated that the print run for it is 600 copies.

I spoke with the Aftershock staff at the show today and they both stated that the Retailer Summit Exclusive is a first printing. Apparently taking part in the Summit with Animosity was in the works for quite some time because they stated it hit the press the same time the standard issue did, so it is indeed a first print by Aftershocks account. They also stated that the print run for it is 600 copies.

That's interesting. Didn't know that worked that way.

Shouldn't this be moved to the PUMP N' DUMP thread........?

I'm seeing there was a Harley Quinn foil variant, with 1000 print run, released at Baltimore. Per CBSI...

It's 2000 print run not 1000

However a lot of the copies were damaged (on all the foil copies)

Why? I'm not selling the book. Are you?

You sound like you are.

I'm seeing there was a Harley Quinn foil variant, with 1000 print run, released at Baltimore. Per CBSI...

Damages on all 4 foil variants...Harley,All-Star Batman,Justice League,and Suicide Squad. Coming straight out of the cases with pinches on the outer edges. Feel bad for man and lady running the Graphitti booth...their patience was put to the test by almost everybody in that line trying to get nice copies!

You sound like you are.

I don't play much of that game. I'm far more of a collector than an investor/speculator/seller. I'll sell the odd book here and there that I have maybe a triplicate of but I'm not buying books by the dozens and do the whole speculation thing. I buy what I like and hold long. I am about to start dipping into original art though so maybe I should to subsidize that haha

Besides, I'm a writer. All the time I waste on these sites having fun is time I could be spent making my actual income.

Damages on all 4 foil variants...Harley,All-Star Batman,Justice League,and Suicide Squad. Coming straight out of the cases with pinches on the outer edges. Feel bad for man and lady running the Graphitti booth...their patience was put to the test by almost everybody in that line trying to get nice copies!

Pretty sure I almost bought a copy of all star batman foil off the bay from you or did. Hope it's clean. Haha

I was at Baltimore Comic Con on Saturday and Sunday and was clueless about the foil variants. I spent most of my time in lines getting signatures and never even saw them. I found out on the ride home when my friend told me. Bummer. Looks like they're worth some nice $ IF you can find a nice one. Most seem to have visible damage. Those foil covers are tough.

From what I've read, ALL copies at the summit were damaged with the same 3 flaws. Not all the books had the same damage, but they all had at least one of the same 3 spots.

I also read that CGC is aware and this and will not count it against grading. Again, I have only read this so take it with salt, but it should make buyers feel at least a little better about getting a flawed copy....pretty much everyone did! I recall a 9.8 Batman foil getting tons of hate and disbelief a month or so ago, but it seems that foils are just iffy printings for whatever reason.