• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 22-24, 2017
4 4

190 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2017 at 8:15 PM, aardvark88 said:

If you get bored, I recommend a fun visit to see the treasures at Geppi's downtown Baltimore comic book and comic art museum. Not much can compare to SDCC with it's close proximity to Little Italy, Balboa Park and over 18 museums there plus the ships docked along the coast, if you need to entertain family or yourself outside of the comic-con. :foryou:

Over 18 museums can get pretty racy.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:05 AM, chrisco37 said:

A little birdie told me that we should be hearing some pretty big news/announcements regarding B'more Con in the next week or two.  Some good stuff in the works.   :whistle: 

So..big announcement today.  Frank Miller will be at B'more Con.   Friday only. 

On 6/15/2017 at 1:14 PM, chrisco37 said:

So..big announcement today.  Frank Miller will be at B'more Con.   Friday only. 

That's not the big announcement. Wait for it.:whee:

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:29 AM, chrisco37 said:

Oh, I know.  

Wow!  If it isn't Frank Miller, I can't fathom who it could possibly be.   I love the Baltimore Comicon for this reason, they always have surprises which are really surprises. 

How big is BCC? I've never been to an East Coast con (have hit every con on the West Coast) but I'm wondering if it would be worth traveling to. I've heard nothing but good things about this show, but would like to hear from some BCC veterans. I typically do everything - hunt for comics, attend panels, artist alley, browse the expo hall, take cosplay pics.

Mostly interested in seeing comic book dealers that don't do any West Coast shows, since I see the same dealers at every show. 

If anyone has been to any West Coast shows and can compare it, that'd help a lot. Like Emerald City, San Diego, WonderCon, LA Comic Con (formerly Stan Lee's Comikaze), Rose City, etc. Have also been to C2E2 in Chicago. 

28 minutes ago, shortboxed said:

How big is BCC? I've never been to an East Coast con (have hit every con on the West Coast) but I'm wondering if it would be worth traveling to. I've heard nothing but good things about this show, but would like to hear from some BCC veterans. I typically do everything - hunt for comics, attend panels, artist alley, browse the expo hall, take cosplay pics.

Mostly interested in seeing comic book dealers that don't do any West Coast shows, since I see the same dealers at every show. 

If anyone has been to any West Coast shows and can compare it, that'd help a lot. Like Emerald City, San Diego, WonderCon, LA Comic Con (formerly Stan Lee's Comikaze), Rose City, etc. Have also been to C2E2 in Chicago. 

I travel from Vancouver, BC so it's worth the long trek for me.  There are a few national dealers that you'll see on the West Coast shows but a larger majority of them tend to do only East Coast shows.  I have been going the last few years and I'm always able to find lots of books.  I can't comment  on the panels, as I don't attend any of them but the artist alley area is substantial.

The main con is that outside the inner harbour area, it could be pretty sketchy but thankfully, there are plenty of hotels close by.

28 minutes ago, greggy said:

I travel from Vancouver, BC so it's worth the long trek for me.  There are a few national dealers that you'll see on the West Coast shows but a larger majority of them tend to do only East Coast shows.  I have been going the last few years and I'm always able to find lots of books.  I can't comment  on the panels, as I don't attend any of them but the artist alley area is substantial.

The main con is that outside the inner harbour area, it could be pretty sketchy but thankfully, there are plenty of hotels close by.

Inside the inner harbor area can be pretty sketchy too.

1 hour ago, shortboxed said:

Never been to a West Coast shows but Baltimore is one of the biggest and best on the East Coast.  There is almost no celebrities (if any) so it doesn't attract as many cosplayers as a show like C2E2 or Wizard Chicago but there is just rows and rows of dealers.  I didn't go to any panels but there are a ton.  Check out the artist list - tons and tons of the biggest names in the industry.  I actually liked Heroes better from a buying standpoint but Baltimore has it all from the big national dealers to a bunch of smaller guys trying to make a buck.  Let us know what you think if you make the trip.

On 5/29/2017 at 7:53 PM, Agent 007 said:

Planning on going on to this and buying tickets.  All days is there enough stuff to do?  If not, which days are better.  I usually have only went to SDCC & WC.  Thanks for the help.

3 day pass purchased.  cheaper than buying just Sat & Sun.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:36 PM, shortboxed said:

Having been to a WonderCon in San Francisco - Baltimore is bigger than that was. Baltimore is bigger than C2E2 but has NO wrestlers and other media guests. More comics, less Wizard .

On 6/20/2017 at 1:59 PM, E.P. Ide said:

Wow!  If it isn't Frank Miller, I can't fathom who it could possibly be.   I love the Baltimore Comicon for this reason, they always have surprises which are really surprises. 

Its not Frank Miller. Really cool guest.

On 6/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, 1Cool said:

Never been to a West Coast shows but Baltimore is one of the biggest and best on the East Coast.  There is almost no celebrities (if any) so it doesn't attract as many cosplayers as a show like C2E2 or Wizard Chicago but there is just rows and rows of dealers.  I didn't go to any panels but there are a ton.  Check out the artist list - tons and tons of the biggest names in the industry.  I actually liked Heroes better from a buying standpoint but Baltimore has it all from the big national dealers to a bunch of smaller guys trying to make a buck.  Let us know what you think if you make the trip.

Baltimore has the second biggest cosplay contest in the country. Just an FYI.

On 6/20/2017 at 3:08 PM, greggy said:

You travel from Vancouver just to buy my sweet sweet unopened Bronze Age books. @greggy

15 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Baltimore has the second biggest cosplay contest in the country. Just an FYI.

Good to know.  But C2E2 had way, way more people dressing up in costume compared to Baltimore from what I saw.  But the more cosplayers made C2E2 feel a LOT more packed then Baltimore the last couple years.  I'm really debating coming over for at least an overnight since it's only 5 hours from Cleveland and it's such a great show.