• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art for sale by black hole collector

14 posts in this topic

Hey Crime-stoppers,

Having overspent to a near psychotic degree on artwork, I am putting some art up for sale to fund my reckless binge behavior. Let's start with two Adam Hughes Savage Dragon "Sex and Violence" pages featuring the sexy villainess Guillotine, the first featuring her executing a nearly impossible to render backflip (go ahead, try to render a sexy woman doing a backflip, I'll wait):

SavageDragon19.jpg

SavageDragon21.jpg

Adam took a few moments away from creating a sweet Wonder Woman drawing to sign these at the ill fated Boston Convention in 2011 that ended a golden era of convention sketching, due to the malignant chicanery of an ebay flipper.

I've dropped the price to $975 for the pair. Only marginally less malignant than being an ebay flipper of good-will saturated con sketches is saying "or best offer" for these pages. But, I priced 'em out once when I was in a fund raising pickle for art, and they didn't sell, so obviously I asked too much. Drop me a line at zzutak@aol.com if interested, and we can sort something out.

Thanks!

Sean

PS: I forgot to add this, as the previous time I did this I just linked to my CAF gallery with the artist credits listed. These pages are by:

Adam Hughes (Penciller)

Rick Mays (Penciller)

Mark Lipka (Inker)

Edited by Flint Ironstag

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle."

Next up is another inexpensive page, this time by comics master Paul Gulacy from The Terminator: Secondary Objectives #2.

This page is a great example of Gulacy's casual mastery of cinematic techniques transferred to the comics medium.

Terminator2092.jpg

Asking price is a mere $225... just a few cents more than a cup of coffee!

Hey, Crime Stoppers!

Offered for the first time this (third and final) millennium, here's some golden age Jack Kirby comic strip art that I've owned since last century. I thought this was a take-it-to-the-grave piece of art, but a grail has surfaced, and sacrifices must be made.

KirbyStrip006.jpg

The art is a large 10 x 22" on heavy golden age board. I'm thinking that Jack drew this in the 1940s, but I admit that I don't know much about it.

Someone posted an image of this art on facebook, and fellow Kirby fan (and Savage Dragon artist) Erik Larsen liked it enough to try his hand at inking it:

13698183_10208705474447566_8334876024748736724_o.jpg

Asking price is $4500, or best offer.

Thanks!

Sean

Edited by Flint Ironstag

Hello friends,

Here's more art by Jack Kirby: It's an all-Darkseid page 15 from "On the Road to Armagetto" from New Gods #12, with inks by Mike Royer.

Needless to say, Jack's pencils are on the page, it's not lightboxed.

NewGods12.jpg

Here's the page in color, as printed:

nBZaf1Tc_2309161155361gpaiadd.jpg

The art is in the coolest frame I've seen in our hobby!

It's in a floating frame with a facsimile of Jack's signature cut into the outer matte:

KirbyDarkseid.jpg

It's a long story that you might already know, but On the Road to Armagetto was not published as Jack planned (with a final page blurb reading "Next: The Hunger Dogs"), but repurposed by DC into the Hunger Dogs graphic novel.

This Kirby/Royer page was included as drawn here, without modifications by additional inkers D. Bruce Berry and Greg Theakston.

Price is $6500 or best offer.

Drop me a line...

SO YOU MAY LIVE WITH THE MAJESTY THAT IS THE POWER OF DARKSEID!

1319876254-final_crisis_darkseid_kirby.jpg

Edited by Flint Ironstag

On September 12, 2016 at 7:57 AM, Flint Ironstag said:

Next up is an all-Cockrum page from Creepy #42, "A Change Of Identity," cover dated November 1971. A nod to Hammer horror, this is Cockrum's fourth pro job! $600

CockrumstitchedSMALL.jpg

SOLD!

Happy New Year, Shipmates!
I just posted prices for my 2019 New Year's Sale:

Featuring artwork by:
Bob Brown/Dave Cockrum: unused Uncanny X-men splash from Cockrum's historic first run (1975-1977)

Jack Kirby: golden age art and Darkseid page

Gene Colan (pencils) and Bill Everett (inks): large art 1966 Tales To Astonish page with Subby and the Hulk

Bernie Wrightson: Swamp Thing artwork

Frank Thorne: Sally Forth cover with nude Sally

Jeffrey Catherine Jones: large, stunning fantasy oil

Bill Sienkiewicz: Moon Knight action page from Bill's first long-form MK job in Marvel Preview #21

Adam Hughes: two action pages with sexy villainess

Paul Gulacy: cheeky double page spread with Barb Wire's first appearance

John Buscema/Ernie Chan: Conan splash

Colan/Sinnott 1969 Captain America #118 page from the first Falcon/Red Skull/Cosmic Cube storyline

Enjoy the unique artwork, take some home... let it cleanse you... THRILL YOU!! Heed me!
Pax,
Sean
Edited by Flint Ironstag
additional info