• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hall of Fame Comic COn - Canton Ohio - September 24th, 2016

6 posts in this topic

Sorry for the short notice but I can't remember if this Con has been mentioned before. I know the guy who is putting it on and he promises it's going to be a well attended event. Can't beat the killer line up of artists:

Jim Steranko!

George Perez!

Hall of Fame Con

I am willing to give the show a try and I do like Patrick, but $10 for a local one day con with the usual suspects setting up seems like a Harper show with double the costs and half the participants. I guess we shall see. I definitely wish him luck!

Yea - after my abysmal sales at the last two Harper shows I decided to pass on setting up at this one. He wanted $200 a table which is just too high for a 1 days show for me. He is pulling in a bunch of top artists but I'm not sure if that will pull in more comic buyers or everyone will be there to get books signed. I may stop by for a few hours since it's relatively close.

Went for a couple hours and found about $400 in books worth grabbing. Especially happy to get a couple Harbingers 1s with coupons and a Runaways 1 in high grade for $30!

You got off lucky. Spent 2 1/2 hours in line for a Steranko sig. Not sure if they expected as many folks as there was. Seems to me they could do better next time. Should have had guests in separate area than dealers. Upside was that Mr. Steranko took the time to talk to the people who were in line. Downside was that Mr. Steranko took the time to talk to his fans. Don't get me wrong, it was great to hear the stories and the personal time that he took with everyone, but I felt a panel session would have been better in addition to the signings. Then again, I've stood in line for total a-holes that didn't even look at you. Double edged sword. Mr. Perez took it upon himself to do sketches while those that just wan't a sig had to wait. Mr. Chaykin had the best line situation. Short and moved along at a decent pace. He was very personable.

Maybe a different layout or size upgrade will help if the show returns next year. Counting down to the Cleveland Con next weekend. :)

You got off lucky. Spent 2 1/2 hours in line for a Steranko sig. Not sure if they expected as many folks as there was. Seems to me they could do better next time. Should have had guests in separate area than dealers. Upside was that Mr. Steranko took the time to talk to the people who were in line. Downside was that Mr. Steranko took the time to talk to his fans. Don't get me wrong, it was great to hear the stories and the personal time that he took with everyone, but I felt a panel session would have been better in addition to the signings. Then again, I've stood in line for total a-holes that didn't even look at you. Double edged sword. Mr. Perez took it upon himself to do sketches while those that just wan't a sig had to wait. Mr. Chaykin had the best line situation. Short and moved along at a decent pace. He was very personable.

Maybe a different layout or size upgrade will help if the show returns next year. Counting down to the Cleveland Con next weekend. :)

The Cleveland Con has expanded to a 2 day Con so lets see if that draws in more dealers then last year. I'm getting burned out setting up at all these small shows and doing ok so I'm not setting up at anything until Akron in November.