• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I'm glad it did..... the day I realized that I don't have to collect stuff just because it's a key or a popular top ten book...... just have to like it myself. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yeah, that's a liberating moment, isn't it? These days I get as much or more enjoyment from books nobody else much cares about. (See my journal to see some of them.)

Our%20Gang%2039A%20resz.jpg

Yes, this is why I started the thread. Thanks for posting.

OtherEric: Yup, I don't expect to see the same LTMM and Duck and Kelly posted elsewhere (though ... Kelly ... you know I can look at any time :cloud9: ) I don't plan on rehashing Raggedy Ann and Andy or Lassie or Rin Tin Tin either since they got their own thread but the other guys. The Dell catalog is deeeeep.

Still, here's a Kelly, just because -

Fairy%20Tale%20Parade%205_zpsysfd3nzl.jpg

It's not a binding guideline ... :gossip:

:gossip: Oh I had no intention of sticking to it. lol

I like Scrooge #10 too. The Philosopher's Stone story was one I never saw in my early comic days because it didn't get a reprint here at the time. The first time I read it was in the hardcover Barks library. There were a few like that. Trala La was another one:

Scrooge_006_zpsodjwlfc8.jpg

It's not a binding guideline ... :gossip:

:gossip: Oh I had no intention of sticking to it. lol

I like Scrooge #10 too. The Philosopher's Stone story was one I never saw in my early comic days because it didn't get a reprint here at the time. The first time I read it was in the hardcover Barks library. There were a few like that. Trala La was another one:

Scrooge_006_zpsodjwlfc8.jpg

Nice copy of a famously tough issue.

I'll refrain from including books that could fit into other threads beyond Four Color, we already have decent Looney Tunes, Duck, and Walt Kelly Threads that cover those topics fairly well.

So, here's one of the 3 Animal Comics without Kelly art- and one of the nicest GA books I own:

Animal_04_zpsee37c216.jpg

with today Sept 24 being international Rabbit Day, it is with great restraint I will keep from posting LTMM lol as othereric has pointed out, it has its own thread now. So this gem will have to do. Robot Man posted a nice Comedy Comics 18 with Super Rabbit in another thread today so all in all nice 'other' Wabbits! :applause:

Vacation Time is one of my favorite Barks stories.

Vacation%20Parade%201_zpsmncqoa8l.jpg

Vacation%20Parade%201%20Splash%20Page_zpswdt59iws.jpg

I agree. It's his longest story, iirc.

This is the story that made a Barks Believer out of me..... GOD BLESS....

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but I'm glad it did..... the day I realized that I don't have to collect stuff just because it's a key or a popular top ten book...... just have to like it myself. GOD BLESS...

Yeah, that's a liberating moment, isn't it? These days I get as much or more enjoyment from books nobody else much cares about. (See my journal to see some of them.)

I believe I shall take you up on that invitation, sir............ GOD BLESS....