• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat 1 Larson Copy CC 8.0 How Much?

88 posts in this topic

Since this must be a freshly graded book with the new fugly label, I certainly hope those aren't newton rings on the top right corner of the cover. lol

For any collectors who have recently submitted GA books into CGC for grading, I guess you now know why the turnaround times are so dead slow on your books. :gossip:

Wow what a book! Is this the first time the Larson Bats 1 is offered up for auction? I think it will end in the $500k territory.

(shrug)

nOT LIKELY

very likely hm 400+

My dream book. If I could own any book out there, it would be this one. But it is not in the cards unless I hit the lottery

I'm not aware of any 3% cashback card for that type of purchase. So in general, the 3% vig of using a cc is not worth it, though there are always exceptions.

Wow what a book! Is this the first time the Larson Bats 1 is offered up for auction? I think it will end in the $500k territory.

(shrug)

nOT LIKELY

very likely hm 400+

My dream book. If I could own any book out there, it would be this one. But it is not in the cards unless I hit the lottery

+1

(shrug)

nOT LIKELY

very likely hm 400+

Did you buy a ticket?

I'm not aware of any 3% cashback card for that type of purchase. So in general, the 3% vig of using a cc is not worth it, though there are always exceptions.

Unless they've changed their policy very recently, ComicConnect charges the credit card vig to the consignor, not the auction winner.

Unless they've changed their policy very recently, ComicConnect charges the credit card vig to the consignor, not the auction winner.

not sure I've used a cc , so you are probably right...

but I suspect, like heritage, that cc wouldn't take a cc on a 400K book (doesn't heritage cap at some nominal amount)?

not sure I've used a cc , so you are probably right...

but I suspect, like heritage, that cc wouldn't take a cc on a 400K book (doesn't heritage cap at some nominal amount)?

One of my frustrations with Heritage, I believe they cap at 2K. You're correct, of course, that someone spending 400K is almost certainly not using a credit card.