• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with appraisal

23 posts in this topic

It is interesting to compare which of his keys is most impressive. 5 Avenger 1s beats out 8 IH 181s or does the 7 nice FF 52 take the prize?

excellent question.

i'll preface this by saying I don't judge... but, anyone with 5 x Av 1, 8 x Hulk 181, 7 x FF 52, etc. all being nice copies and CGC slabs knows a thing or two about the value of big key books. Or at the very least, how to find out the value.

Hell, it's hard enough buying books from the average joe blow online because they all know that their $10 books are worth $10... thanks to the handy tool called the Internet.

This is not meant to be a sales thread and I'm sure many of you have similar or much better collections as I've seen some big books being sold here. Sometimes things are what they say they are.

I've seen recent sales of GSX#1, 9.8 on CL end for $7k and yet the last sale on GPA is $4500. As a seller, I'd like to think 9.8's are worth $7k but I'm sure the dealer is going come back to me with $4500 + a bulk discount. The averages can be skewed by extreme prices so I just thought I'd get some objective opinions so that I can feel more confident about what's fair.

Selling individually would definitely yield more but obviously it's more work. Time is important so it's one of the things I have to weigh out.

Thanks so much for those who've offered advice. Very much appreciate the community spirit ^_^