• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Illustration auction @HA

81 posts in this topic

Superman will be 100 years in popular culture in 2029...I still think he will be there a a major force. Comic book and Art have dual purposes now that they have become mainstream and open to a world wide market. When I purchased my Action 1 for $1800 I did not care what I ever got back in terms of exit. I enjoyed the book. Today now with prices  and widget boxes to turn these into investments we have dual collectors and collector investors. My advice is NEVER buy something solely for investment  in the collectable field. Buy what you love and respect. Comic books and comic art are  NOT real "investments". Real investments return capital such as dividends on stock, rents on real property, and crops on farm land.  The ONLY way you can make any money on a comic book investment is to HOPE that somebody else is gonna pay more.  You are not gonna receive any income or dividends from your investment and over time inflation will eat away at that value you paid even if you make a paper  profit...you have sit on it and pray somebody else is gonna believe it is gonna be worth more..in the future and that creates limits on return or exit when the time comes to move on.

We all can claim doomsday 100 years from now, nobody will know or care about a comic book or comic art...I say SO WHAT we won't be around to find out. However, Buy what you Love with understanding that your exit might not be pretty.

Edited by Mmehdy