• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MCCS Comic-Con Okinawa!! 10/15/2016

32 posts in this topic

This is awesome back in 97-99 when I lived on Okinawa there wasn't any comic conventions; but we did have a few Manga and Jpop Idol events! Outside of one small store on gate 2 street there was not any gaming except the SDF sponsored tactical airsoft leagues (which was huge at the time).

This is awesome back in 97-99 when I lived on Okinawa there wasn't any comic conventions; but we did have a few Manga and Jpop Idol events! Outside of one small store on gate 2 street there was not any gaming except the SDF sponsored tactical airsoft leagues (which was huge at the time).

Airsoft is still popular here... They have a league and a group of them that set up tournaments..do you remember the name of the store?

Airsoft is still popular here... They have a league and a group of them that set up tournaments..do you remember the name of the store?

No idea of the store name anymore, but I do remember the general location. If the taxi drops you off (or the bus on base) and you walk directly out it would have been on your right down three or four blocks maybe. At the time they had some small amount of RPGs, Magic, board games and fliers for Airsoft which directed you to outside the mall a couple streets over for the large Airsoft shop.

You might be referring to ippon do...They may have changed their name since then. They still carry airsoft guns and a few magic, board games....but yeah they are still there full of people most of the time who are into airsoft...Okinawa has changed a lot since the 90's though. still a great place.