• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED- Handful of Golden Age Goodness and DD 7 and ST 126- All graded

23 posts in this topic

I'm back Boardies,

I have two orders due back from CGC, one with Modern books and one with SA/GA books. I got the SA/GA books back and posting them here first. :whee:

One book has a conserved grade with professionally reinforced cover and all the other books are Universal with no restoration at all. :acclaim:

FORUM RULES:

-First to claim it wins either here or via PM (some buyers like to remain anonymous and I will honor that)

-Payment is by Paypal, check, or money order.

-I offer flat rate shipping to US address. $12 for any number of graded books.

-Canada address is $30 for 1-3 graded books.

-All other must inquire and provide me with your city, country, and zip code.

-No one from the Probation or Naughty List, no exceptions

-I offer a 14 day refund on all books. Books must be returned in same condition and buyer pays for all shipping costs.

-PMs with questions are welcomed

Strange Tales #126 (Amazing looking CGC 6.5)

Jack Kirby cover and Steve Ditko art

First Appearance of Clea and First Appearance of Dormammu

It only took 52 years for these characters to reach the big screen

90 GPA is $263, 12 month GPA is $259

PRICE= $239.00 SOLD

Strange%20Tales%20126%206.5_zpsqstd5lnm.jpg

back cover

Strange%20Tales%20126%206.5b_zps9ka2ha4l.jpg

Superman #35 (best looking CGC 5.5 ever)

July/August 1945

Lois Lane cover appearance

Great presenting red cover, but back cover shows signs of a very slight subscription crease. I believe that's the reason for the 5.5. These are the types of books you want, great presenters with lower prices.

Overstreet Price Guide= $355

PRICE= $319.00 NOW $250.00 SOLD

Superman%2035%205.5_zpsihuihca4.jpg

back cover

Superman%2035%205.5b_zpshqklxm8j.jpg

Airboy Comics v2. #11 (First Airboy issue at CGC 6.5)

December 1945

Pretty historic comic at a low price, the first issue of Airboy Comics which was formerly known as Air Fighters Comics

Overstreet Price Guide= $225

PRICE= $200.00 NOW $160.00

Airboy%20Comics%20v2%2011%206.5_zpsfb9fuo1p.jpg

back cover

Airboy%20Comics%20v2%2011%206.5b_zpsl8rholyr.jpg

Mighty Midget Comics #11 (Highest graded at CGC 9.8 WHITE)

1942- Captain Marvel Adventures

I had to do a bit of research to find out the rarity of this book. There are six versions of this book with eight Mighty Midget #11 graded at 9.8.

Of those eight graded 9.8, one was Golden Arrow, one was Captain Marvel Jr., three were file copies, so that leaves three Captain Marvel Adventures versions. The last one sold for $647 on June 2012 (serial #0181711002 with Off-White to White pages). The other one sold for $625 in August 2005 (serial #0085971001 with Off-White to White pages). That leaves mine, the most recently graded 9.8 with WHITE pages.

How many people can say they own a CGC 9.8 WHITE comic from 1942 (WWII)?

Last two sales were $647 and $625, both Off-White/White

PRICE= $600.00 NOW $540.00

Mighty%20Midget%20Comics%2011%209.8_zpsaximsjfy.jpg

back cover

Mighty%20Midget%20Comics%2011%209.8b_zpsj5de0qzr.jpg

War Comics #1 (extremely rare CGC 5.5)

Very Historic book- The very first WAR comic

May 1940

Don Winslow comic

This book doesn't come up for sale often because of it's historic significance (even the back cover is a history lesson). This is the very first comic book dedicated to war stories. Very neat that this book is dated before the bombing of Pearl Harbor and our entrance into World War II. There are only 13 graded books in the CGC census with five graded higher than this one. Page #213 of the latest Overstreet Price Guide lists this books as #2 in their Top Ten Golden Age War comic books.

This is a great example of the book because of how it presents. The lower grade was due to a ripped corner in an interior page caused by a paperclip stuck to it. This book would go great in any collection and highly unlikely a similar one will come up for sale.

PRICE= $850.00 NOW $700.00 SOLD

War%20Comics%201%205.5_zpstenrogyc.jpg

back cover

War%20Comics%201%205.5b_zpsfe4hphlh.jpg

Beautiful War Comics #1. Only one I've seen for sale (aside from a beater) in years. I always wondered why CGC doesn't designate this one with "first comic dedicated to war", and it pre-dates US involvement in WWII and is a really neat (and thick) book with lots of good stories. I have one, but this is a beauty. GLWTS.

Superman #35 (best looking CGC 5.5 ever)

July/August 1945

Lois Lane cover appearance

Great presenting red cover, but back cover shows signs of a very slight subscription crease. I believe that's the reason for the 5.5. These are the types of books you want, great presenters with lower prices.

Overstreet Price Guide= $355

PRICE= $319.00 NOW $250.00

Superman%2035%205.5_zpsihuihca4.jpg

back cover

Superman%2035%205.5b_zpshqklxm8j.jpg

Too sharp to pass up :takeit: