• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

books slabbed in new CGC holder without inner well

22 posts in this topic

I have 6 of them. Two are showing waves, but I'm having all 6 reholdered.

I looked at the original email they sent me and it seems like they will make a judgement as to whether or not it needs replacing... Is this true? The one I submitted was wavy so there was no question but I wonder if there are those who have the book sent back with the original holder. Or if they're asked to pay for it.

Was this before they introduced the new new slab? Before that, I think they were doing reholdering on a case-by-case basis because essentially you were getting a slab that was pretty much the same as what you had -- that is, the initial improvements helped a bit but didn't fix the problem. It took the reintroduction of an inner well to deal with the wave problem.

I have 6 of them. Two are showing waves, but I'm having all 6 reholdered.

I looked at the original email they sent me and it seems like they will make a judgement as to whether or not it needs replacing... Is this true? The one I submitted was wavy so there was no question but I wonder if there are those who have the book sent back with the original holder. Or if they're asked to pay for it.

Not that I'm aware of. I emailed and asked if they'd reholder for free, and the response was "absolutely".

This.

Tell them you have a Generation 2 slab with no inner well and you want to get it reholdered. There will be no charge

And you would be wise to do so. From personal experience, I have seen the issues (the waviness) not show up until months later.