• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PEDIGREE JANUARY AUCTION-TAKING CONSIGNMENTS & PREVIEWS HAVE BEGUN!

14 posts in this topic

LOOKING FOR ORIGINAL ART TO PURCHASE...OR WANT TO SELL SOME?

This week we got another 30 consignments leading up to our January 9-19th auction. The auction will have between 200-300 lots of original art. Anyone interested in consigning with us or have any questions on how you can make more money on your art then somewhere else....please feel free to contact us at 561-451-9800....or randypedigreecomics@aol.com. And check out the items that have started to preview at WWW.PEDIGREECOMICS.COM.

I would say my advice to Pedigree, is to reposition their auctions to have no greater than 10% of their consignments have a reserve, guaranteeing items will sell (that of course doesn't preclude shill bidding, so if they accept consignments from shady individuals and make back door deals to waive commission fees, then that's on them and eventually a house of cards will crumble).

It's reputation management at this point, and there's almost zero confidence instilled in the art community about the auctions, including the descriptions.

Yes..It would be easier to call them! Not sure why you guys have been so rude about all of this. This is one of the reasons these chat boards get such a bad rep.

We had an auction that sold many pieces ranging from $100-19,000! It was our very first auction that contained art. We allowed all consignors to protect themselves with reserves. Some sold...some didn't. The majoirty of the ones that did not sell were in fact from the Donnely's. Almost all of their items got real bids (as some of you out there have a ridiculous feeling that shills were taking place on our part) but did not sell due to the fact that their reserves were too high. But we all know that's how they do business. That is their M.O! But we wanted to give them a shot. It did not work. They in fact sold 4 high priced items in the last auction that did meet the reserves, and in one case had a bidding war for it.

We also, just like Comiclink raised the reserves up to where the next bid would hit it at the 24 hour period. People mistook that for us placing fake bids or shilling every single item in the auction. Going forward we will continue to do the same thing but probably at the 48 hour mark.

Listen...all auctions have problems when they start off. So hopefully you learn from your mistakes. We were happy to take whatever anyone wanted togive us and at any reserve to get us off the ground running. In the future we won't do that as it did not work. We have no problem with reserves as long as they make sense. The bottom line is we had a beautiful 1st auction to present to the world, and we were very happy from the responses we got. So much so that we are obvioulsy moving forward with consignments from people who liked what they saw, and want to put more $ in their pockets upon a sale with us then they will elsewhere.

If everyone on these chat boards just wants complain go right ahead. In the meantime we will continure to try and build our business bringing art to our already very honestly run auction.

We offer an ability for the consignor to walk away from a sale in our auctions being much better off then he would somewhere else. We are still in the baby step stage, and need to grow, but with how we are apporaching things we can only hope for the best. Being new kid on the block is tough, but competition is also a very healthy thing and we look forward to building our business up to where it needs to be. So with that in mind I will say thank you to those who consigned to us and were happy with the results, and to those who purchased through us and will continue to do so. For those of you who choose not to I can only wish you well, and hope you will take another peek and see what we can do for you on either the buying or selling sides.

Thanks...

Randy

Good luck Randy.

Maybe you can answer a more direct question. Why should a potential consignor go with you over the alternatives? What are you bringing that's not already available elsewhere?

Good luck Randy.

Maybe you can answer a more direct question. Why should a potential consignor go with you over the alternatives? What are you bringing that's not already available elsewhere?

This is a good question for anyone starting a new business to be asking themselves. So much competition everywhere you turn these days. It's tough to differentiate yourself.

Mike

I'd be happy to tell you. What we are trying to do is truly look out for the consignor...as opossed to all the other places you can go. We aren't all about the money. We are trying to build something. Until that happens we arent anywhere close to making the kind of money that is made by other auction houses.

We offer the consignor the ability to hold on to their art and not have the expense or the worry about it being out of their hands until a sale takes place. All we need is a good scan ( not a phone camera picture ) provided. If that can't be done then we will need the art. We allow the consignor to put a reserve on ANY item they so choose as long as it makes sense. I have been in the shoes of any consignor, and I have lost my shirt by the other auction houses without the ability to protect myself and my art/comics. I know what it's like to know you got screwed! I wont let this happen to our consignors. I know a good majoirty of buyers hate reserves, but the bottom line is if you want a piece, you will be willing to pay what it's worth. That knowledge is out there and if the reserve is in the right place then it wont be any surprise when it is reached, and both the buyer and seller will be happy in the end. When all has been agreed upon we present the consignor with a Consignment Agreement to be signed by both parties for protection.

The best part is there is no buyers commission, and we work on a sliding scale for commissions. We start ALL art auctions at $100. We will not put any art in our auction that is worth less than $100. If the item is worth thousands then the opening bid is $1,000.

From $100-$1,000 we will take a 10% commission. For $1,001- $80,000 we will take a 8% commission. And for anything over $80,001 it is a 7% commission. So the bottom line is that the consignor will be happy that his art can be in his position....won't sell unless it makes sense....and will put more money in his pocket upon a sale then he might somewhere else.

With all this in place we hope to build something for one and all. We may not turn out to be the biggest, but if we can carve a place for ourselves in the market and make people happy to do business with us then all is good! I hope that explains enough to you, and if you have any questions or would like to give us a shot with selling any of your art let me know.

Randy

Pedigree Art Consignment Director

561-451-9800

We offer the consignor the ability to hold on to their art and not have the expense or the worry about it being out of their hands until a sale takes place. All we need is a good scan ( not a phone camera picture ) provided.

Hi Randy,

First, thank you for taking the time to answer questions here. I admit I was not very convinced by the results of the first auction, but I'll be looking into the next one and give it a chance.

Second, I have a question about the paragraph above:

Does this mean the consignor will ship the item directly to the buyer after the sale? Or does the consignor ships the item to you once the sale takes place, and then you ship it to the buyer?

I wish you guys success. It would be nice to se another auction house thrive IMO.

I admit I am concerned about sellers holding onto the art- some may provide small scans, touched up scans, etc- to try and hide mold or other defects. Or, art could get damaged in shipping to you after the sale.

Not attempting to threadkrap

Not all hold on to the art. It's a very small percentage. We just give that option if the seller needs peace of mind. And the way consignors are shipping their art to us...it's been so protected we do not foresee any porblems with damage.....and if that does happen to happen it would be a loss for the consignor...as the buyer would have no responsibility of ownership on a damaged item shipped after a sale. And thanks for the good wishes!

Not all hold on to the art. It's a very small percentage. We just give that option if the seller needs peace of mind. And the way consignors are shipping their art to us...it's been so protected we do not foresee any porblems with damage.....and if that does happen to happen it would be a loss for the consignor...as the buyer would have no responsibility of ownership on a damaged item shipped after a sale. And thanks for the good wishes!

Doesn't this leave things open to, beyond miss-leading scans, easy claims of "couldn't find the art", or any other number of reasons why it never made it to you/on to the buyer? It seems like it could well become the hidden reserve on things.

If everyone on these chat boards just wants complain go right ahead. In the meantime we will continure to try and build our business bringing art to our already very honestly run auction.

One way of helping to establish an honestly run auction would be to notify the buyer of this piece that Ron Lim was not involved in this piece.

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/v2/auction/comic_art/056410

Here is some pertinent information

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=48&Number=9614055&Searchpage=1&Main=417550&Words=gauntlet&topic=0&Search=true#Post9614055