• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about One-Above-All

31 posts in this topic

Seeing that the "God" of Marvel Universe is the One Above All. Going off a little online digging I'm seeing that first mention is Doctor Strange 13 Vol 2 1976 and first full appearance is Sensational Spiderman 40 Vol 2 2007. I saw a couple CGC graded copies of these which makes no mention of One Above All first appearances, and these comics are going for dirt cheap. So are these correct, and the first mention and first full appearance of one above all?

If not, what are the correct first appearance, cameo, first mention?

Edited by Warcrawl

Hmmm... marvel wikia agrees with your dates, but wikipedia does not - this says Eternals #7:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_characters:_O#One_Above_All

Yet another different claim for first appearance (Eternals #13):

http://marvel.com/universe/One_Above_All_%28Celestial%29

Edited by cousin itt

Yet another different claim for first appearance (Eternals #13):

http://marvel.com/universe/One_Above_All_%28Celestial%29

is actually a different one above all. There are 2 characters with the same name. This one is a Celestial. The other one is actually God of marvel universe.

That much I found out. So the one I'm specifically referencing is the God of Marvel universe.

Edited by Warcrawl

Thanks CBT. Now I'm wondering what I read about the two different OneAboveAll's is correct or what the deal is. I read that the celestial is different than the god of the marvel universe. Any idea if that's correct?

Thanks CBT. Now I'm wondering what I read about the two different OneAboveAll's is correct or what the deal is. I read that the celestial is different than the god of the marvel universe. Any idea if that's correct?

Just skimming through Dr Strange v2 13. God is mentioned, so far no reference to OneAboveAll.

Eternity says he rules Strange's reality, and God rules all realities. Personal, I dont think God has ever been directly established in Marvel Canon, but there are people here who would know far better than I. I will finish skimming the Dr.Strange comic and post the panels i find.

yah, i can post the panel if you want, but its just a mention of God, referred to as "God".

On Marvel Wikia they cite:

"One-Above-All is mentioned in the Appendix glossary of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, described as "the entity believed to be the supreme being/creator of the Omniverse"

Which seems to be the basis used to claim a reference to God is a reference to that Handbook's "One Above All", which is exactly what Eternity says in Dr. Strange 13. But he uses the word "God".

Marvel Wikia also says:

"One-Above-All is not to be confused with the Celestial of the same name."

So Marvel Wikia labels them as follows for disambiguation:

Celestial: One-Above-All(616)

God: One-Above-All(multi-verse)

and its an Appendix in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe which references God as "One Above All".

I have that Handbook series at home in my comic room, I can pic/scan it tonight and add it to the thread for completion.

Sensational Spider-man Vol 2 #40 was an interesting issue to me when I first read it.

It was "telling" on a few levels.

It made me realize how good Spider-man could be even with Mary Jane.

It made me believe (still to this day) that there was division within the Marvel ranks as to whether or not they should split of Pete and MJ. Check out the ending of this book. B

BTW... this ranks up there with one of the better issues of Spider-man written in the last ten years. I saved a copy as part of my ASM collection even though it was outside that title. Pete goes through the usual Pete thing of questioning whether or not Spider-man is worth his personal sacrifice. Many issues have tackled the issue but it is here that Pete sees the impact he has made while walking the beach. It's a decent read and well worth its place in the Spider-man mythos.

8.jpg