• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn Variants

102 posts in this topic

228 is actually more rare than the 222 Kudranski variant but it seems to stay on eBay enough times to keep the price down. 222 had 350 copies. 228 had 300 copies

Yeah, the "Action 1" homage was by far the rarest of all the homage covers.

Didn't know it was rarer than the Kudranski though.

Glad I have one. :devil:

228 is actually more rare than the 222 Kudranski variant but it seems to stay on eBay enough times to keep the price down. 222 had 350 copies. 228 had 300 copies

Those numbers are different from what I had heard, can you point me towards any sources or info please? Thanks

Those numbers are different from what I had heard, can you point me towards any sources or info please? Thanks

Didn't 222 Kundranski have 400 copies?

Now's your chance to snag a raw 185, doesn't look like it'd be a 9.8 unless you could get the crud off the back cover, but a nice set. I'm certain the seller won't break up the set as there's just a bunch of drek with the 185 that he's trying to get rid of.

Link.

Jerome

Yea I posted that a on page 7 of this thread i think. I already messaged him trying to see if he would sell it without the rest of the and he never even responded back.

And from its current condition if that came back a 9.2 I'd be surprised probably 9.0

Wow, very talented artist, Nivanh Chanthara. Looks like an up and comer.

I'm curious to see what the Cover B for #272 will look like. Do a google search for Nivanh Chanthara and just click on images at the top. Some very legit artwork.

Looks like he started as a street artist under Duster132. Some awesome stuff. Only other comic I can find is a Deus Ex variant cover.

Now's your chance to snag a raw 185, doesn't look like it'd be a 9.8 unless you could get the crud off the back cover, but a nice set. I'm certain the seller won't break up the set as there's just a bunch of drek with the 185 that he's trying to get rid of.

Link.

Jerome

Yea I posted that a on page 7 of this thread i think. I already messaged him trying to see if he would sell it without the rest of the and he never even responded back.

And from its current condition if that came back a 9.2 I'd be surprised probably 9.0

The back scan doesn't even go to the edges of the book!

I remember reading the letters section of a Spawn comic just prior to 222 and the editor mentioned a number "fewer than 400" for the Kudranski variant.

I heard the 228 was a 1:100 variant.

I remember reading the letters section of a Spawn comic just prior to 222 and the editor mentioned a number "fewer than 400" for the Kudranski variant.

I heard the 228 was a 1:100 variant.

228 was a 1:25 variant. Most of the B&W from around that time were 1:25. 228 had a distribution of 16k+, but that doesn't tell us how many variants were printed.

But where are you getting these print numbers? Image is actually publishing them somewhere?