• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boston Comic Con - August 11-13, 2017 New Venue New Dates 10th Anniversary
3 3

122 posts in this topic

I think the fact that the Internet i.e. eBay, heritage, clink, comicconnect, pedigree, mycomicshop, etc etc have come to exist and the fact that there are auctions every week and often overlapping of auctions, well is there a need for a comic book show? Every keeper in my collection was purchased by one of the above mentioned or here on the boards. I do think like Kevin76 and have a hard time with comic books taking a back seat, but as I just mentioned, how you buy good books today isn't at stores or shows. All the good stuff is on line. 

I was serious about remarking on church basements and rec halls,  or eBay or these boards or Comiclink or Heritage, etc.   That's the future of the back issue collecting side of the business as our generation fades away - they are already disappearing from many shops - but that doesn't mean that there isn't a place for comic book Dealers at comic book conventions and pop culture cons.  The grading companies sure do a lot of business at these events, and they aren't at the rec halls. The creators are mostly at shows as well, not in the church basements either. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd