• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tomb of Dracula fans

99 posts in this topic

I think I only need 9 more issues to complete the run. Nothing tough, just been on the back burner. Unfortunately, #10 is one of the books I need. I've only read a handful so far, been mostly waiting to finish the run before reading it in order.

9 hours ago, musicmeta said:

VERY NICE!  I hope you complete it soon.  #10 is what I want but a 9.4/9.6 will do for me. 

#10 is a problem in 9.8 WP. - I hope to find a nice copy one day, luckily I'm not in a hurry. Fun (or sad hm) thing, the single 9.9 book is offered on CLink for 125k :insane:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26where%3Dsell%26title%3Dtomb%2Bof%2Bdracula%26ItemType%3DCB%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26f1%3DCondition%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3D4%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3DIssueNumber%2C%2BVolumeNumber%26ODire3%3DASC&id=1099710

RAD5D93820151223_23446.jpg

If only the centering was better ;-)

The OA is on CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1045962

BTW, I just started reading the books again. It's been decades since I read them, strangely now the horror seems scarier/better than ever. For example, here Dracula succeeds in using large mirrors to travel through dimensions, and Dracula uses Taj as some sort of live beverage. Actually if I was a strong vampire that's not a bad idea :idea::facepalm:

photo tod2_zpsfjugju5u.jpg

photo tod3_zpsn1mirvuc.jpg

Thinking of the Comic Code, the above panel shows how Dracula uses other persons and only cares for his own wellbeing.

Another fun thing, when travelling through a dimension it seems Dracula met some collectors who had either trimmed some art or books - or maybe had just forgot to remove sold books from the Registry :insane: 

Spoiler

photo Tod_zpsuwk7wazv.jpg

:jokealert:

Here's an example of how Dracula ingeniously mentally reframes a potential threat into a source of nourishment:

photo tod4_zpsmzutagf9.jpg

And another example of Dracula's extreme selfishness:

photo tod5_zpsn5uq2keb.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not sure that everybody considers Dracula to be a negative role model. - He's quite smart and shows incredible survival skills (worship) and he turns many desperate situations to his own advantage. I'm wondering if the Count doesn't have a lot of fans and if the Comic Code really worked to protect young minds hm Maybe reading ToD when I was 9 years old profoundly impacted my personality development :facepalm:

ToD books are still some of my favorite comic books (of all time) and Colan's art is amazing :cloud9:

Edited by Rune

3 hours ago, Rune said:

#10 is a problem in 9.8 WP. - I hope to find a nice copy one day, luckily I'm not in a hurry. Fun (or sad hm) thing, the single 9.9 book is offered on CLink for 125k :insane:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26where%3Dsell%26title%3Dtomb%2Bof%2Bdracula%26ItemType%3DCB%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26f1%3DCondition%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3D4%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3DIssueNumber%2C%2BVolumeNumber%26ODire3%3DASC&id=1099710

RAD5D93820151223_23446.jpg

If only the centering was better ;-)

The OA is on CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1045962

BTW, I just started reading the books again. It's been decades since I read them, strangely now the horror seems scarier/better than ever. For example, here Dracula succeeds in using large mirrors to travel through dimensions, and Dracula uses Taj as some sort of live beverage. Actually if I was a strong vampire that's not a bad idea :idea::facepalm:

photo tod2_zpsfjugju5u.jpg

photo tod3_zpsn1mirvuc.jpg

Thinking of the Comic Code, the above panel shows how Dracula uses other persons and only cares for his own wellbeing.

Another fun thing, when travelling through a dimension it seems Dracula met some collectors who had either trimmed some art or books - or maybe had just forgot to remove sold books from the Registry :insane: 

Reveal hidden contents

photo Tod_zpsuwk7wazv.jpg

:jokealert:

Here's an example of how Dracula ingeniously mentally reframes a potential threat into a source of nourishment:

photo tod4_zpsmzutagf9.jpg

And another example of Dracula's extreme selfishness:

photo tod5_zpsn5uq2keb.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not sure that everybody considers Dracula to be a negative role model. - He's quite smart and shows incredible survival skills (worship) and he turns many desperate situations to his own advantage. I'm wondering if the Count doesn't have a lot of fans and if the Comic Code really worked to protect young minds hm Maybe reading ToD when I was 9 years old profoundly impacted my personality development :facepalm:

ToD books are still some of my favorite comic books (of all time) and Colan's art is amazing :cloud9:

:whatthe:  125K...I've got all of it except for 124.99K  Youza! Nice book but way to pricey for my blood.  Good luck hunting down a 9.8. 

42 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Some more

Tomb of Dracula #15.JPG

Tomb of Dracula #16.JPG

#16 :cloud9: It has always been one of my favorite ToD covers - you've got some great books, perfect centering and WP! :applause:

Edited by Rune

21 hours ago, Rune said:

"This is the single highest CGC 9.9 - 25 times as rare as a 9.8 and the only one certified out of over 1,200 CGC submissions, it's probably the only one that ever will be and it's relative scarcity will only increase over time. We have seen examples in 9.6-9.8 sell for 3-4x what they have sold for in the recent past, and if the price history of Hero for Hire #1 is any indication, we may see examples of Tomb of Dracula #10 continue to set new price floors going forward. Yet this example offered here is the ONLY one of it's kind, and as such is truly the lone ultimate investment vehicle for the Blade franchise."

"The lone ultimate [Blade] investment vehicle?" :whistle: 

Gil Kane Tomb of Dracula 10 cover Heritage.jpg

18 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

"This is the single highest CGC 9.9 - 25 times as rare as a 9.8 and the only one certified out of over 1,200 CGC submissions, it's probably the only one that ever will be and it's relative scarcity will only increase over time. We have seen examples in 9.6-9.8 sell for 3-4x what they have sold for in the recent past, and if the price history of Hero for Hire #1 is any indication, we may see examples of Tomb of Dracula #10 continue to set new price floors going forward. Yet this example offered here is the ONLY one of it's kind, and as such is truly the lone ultimate investment vehicle for the Blade franchise."

"The lone ultimate [Blade] investment vehicle?" :whistle: 

Gil Kane Tomb of Dracula 10 cover Heritage.jpg

Yes, who really cares about the boring Miller DKR OA covers - compared to the ToD #10 cover (worship) :grin:

I'm still working on a plan, but it's sooo hard. It has to look real - you know like:

Gene: "Wow, that was close - thank God you were here, Rune - you saved my life - is there's anything I can do for you in return - and I really do mean anything?"

Rune: "Think nothing of it, Gene, I'm just glad I was around, yeah, what are the odds - I'm just happy to help - I really don't wan't anything, but hey, do you still have that ol' ToD #10 cover?" 

:whistle: :jokealert:

Edited by Rune

8 hours ago, Rune said:

Yes, who really cares about the boring Miller DKR OA covers - compared to the ToD #10 cover (worship) :grin:

I'm still working on a plan, but it's sooo hard. It has to look real - you know like:

Gene: "Wow, that was close - thank God you were here, Rune - you saved my life - is there's anything I can do for you in return - and I really do mean anything?"

Rune: "Think nothing of it, Gene, I'm just glad I was around, yeah, what are the odds - I'm just happy to help - I really don't wan't anything, but hey, do you still have that ol' ToD #10 cover?" 

:whistle: :jokealert:

:roflmao:

Blade's one of my favourite characters, and I'm glad that I picked up a 9.6 copy of Tomb of Dracula 10 back when it was much, much more affordable.  Once left behind by the current speculator market I'd have really missed owning a copy, and there aren't too many books I'd say that about.

The cover art is superb. Congrats.

I am not a collector but have #58 - #70 (#63 missing).  Very good condition.  I would be surprised if they have ever been read.  #58-#62 are priced as 12p (uk).  The rest are in cents.  They don't have any creases or ears on the corners.  Is this something anyone would be interested in?

13 hours ago, Hekla said:

Always thought Gene Colan's style was perfect for this title.

My lone piece of Colan Dracula original art, but it's a good one from the climax in the last issue.

Colan Dracula 70_.jpg

Awesome page, congrats!