• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

There is an Arrow story in 2/11, so 2/12 is 3rd appearance.

I'm in Honduras and I couldn't remember or check. Good to know. 

22 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
23 hours ago, sacentaur said:

There is an Arrow story in 2/11, so 2/12 is 3rd appearance.

I'm in Honduras and I couldn't remember or check. Good to know. 

You sure seem to be spending a lot of time on these boards here while in Honduras.

Are you already getting bored with your little vacation and can't find any local comic shops down there to rummaged through?  lol

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

You sure seem to be spending a lot of time on these boards here while in Honduras.

Are you already getting bored with your little vacation and can't find any local comic shops down there to rummaged through?  lol

Just in between meetings...I wish vacation. Work harder and longer here in a week than I do in the states in a month (non convention time)

7 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 3/1

reprints the "Bruce Wayne " prototype Storiy from detective Picture Stories 5

IMG_4516.JPG

I've always liked this book, but the "Bruce Wayne" prototype thing can be over-hyped (e.g., some guy is asking a crazy price for a copy over on CLink), especially since the story is a reprint from DPS 5 (as rick notes).

And I say this being the owner of the Church copy...

30 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I've always liked this book, but the "Bruce Wayne" prototype thing can be over-hyped (e.g., some guy is asking a crazy price for a copy over on CLink), especially since the story is a reprint from DPS 5 (as rick notes).

And I say this being the owner of the Church copy...

I agree. These copies always sold for a few hundred ...the clink hype is just that...marketed hype. There is no support at that level (or anywhere close). Scott just auctioned his .5 (my former copy, I believe )on cc. What did it close at, anyone know?

Edited by G.A.tor

10 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Scott just auctioned his .5 (my former copy, I believe )on cc. What did it close at, anyone know?

Are you sure that the DPS 5 was sold on the CC auction site since I cannot find the listing for it on their Event Auction, or was it listed in one of their other smaller auctions?  (shrug)

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Are you sure that the DPS 5 was sold on the CC auction site since I cannot find the listing for it on their Event Auction, or was it listed in one of their other smaller auctions?  (shrug)

It was a funny Pages 3/1, that's the issue steve and I were referring to :)

Edited by G.A.tor

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It was a funny Pages 3/1, that's the issue steve and I were referring to :)

Sold for $650 http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=699386&title=FUNNYPAGES

24 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Someone had a .5 on eBay they were trying to get 7995 for at one time. Cest la vie

41 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Still a nice price for having issues that book had 

4 hours ago, comicjack said:
5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Someone had a .5 on eBay they were trying to get 7995 for at one time. Cest la vie

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Still a nice price for having issues that book had 

Based upon what I am seeing in the auction marketplace over the past couple of years, it looks like both CL and especially CC are taking a big step forward, while Heritage seems to be stepping back from the comic books themselves and focusing much more of their attention to the comic OA related market. 

Edited by lou_fine

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 3/5

IMG_4520.JPG

5 hours ago, comicjack said:

Never seen that one outside of the Gerber's   :applause:

I have, sitting inside my collection.  :banana:

Probably the first ever Centaur I brought way back in the day.  Came from Harley who had it at one of his Seattle conventions at the time.  Have very few Centaurs in my collection, but virtually all of them came from Harley as he seem to be one of the only dealers to have them at the time. 

I believe my copy is the Larson which I didn't know anything about back then and I also don't believe Harley charged any kind of premium for the pedigree at the time.  (thumbsu